TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

tightrope78

In the BBC Presenters thread there’s an awful lot of talk of “telltale signs” of what BBC management apparently think of certain presenters!

Also a sudden love of Victoria Derbyshire.
GhostFromTVF

Another classic from cobbles right here:
If they really want to get creative about content I'd love them to start taking on some of the more long form videogamers/youtubers and online content creators and scheduling it in early prime time. Many of these channels get hundreds of thousands and often millions of views, making an event viewing deal with these would be away of remaining relevant, not getting all doe-eyed about rubbish traditional dramas.
https://tvforum.uk/forums/post1245133#post-1245133
JetixFann450

GhostFromTVF wrote: Thu 09 Jul, 2020 12.45 Another classic from cobbles right here:
If they really want to get creative about content I'd love them to start taking on some of the more long form videogamers/youtubers and online content creators and scheduling it in early prime time. Many of these channels get hundreds of thousands and often millions of views, making an event viewing deal with these would be away of remaining relevant, not getting all doe-eyed about rubbish traditional dramas.
Ah yes, the argument of "They should put this stuff on instead of what makes TV standard". I'm convinced this person doesn't understand how TV works, they don't poach stuff off the internet because that's just cheap. They've been there, done that (Totally Viral, MTV Flux, Sumo.TV) and failed because there's no point to it. Why are new generations going to go for an older device when phones and tablets are much more convenient for this kind of stuff?

And to add to his point about video game YouTubers, Disney tried that for their "DXP" block and it sort of demonstrates that the internet and TV do not mix (heavily censored with PG jokes)
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
Philip

Presumably it's due to the current situation but it seems like there are so many posts lately, it's hard to keep up. Tonight I came back to the forum after a few hours to find one thread had three new pages of posts. And often if I've been away for most of the day I come back to find the whole first page of the forum with updated threads.
GhostFromTVF

BlakeIsHere has returned...
Andrew

The ITV programmes thread has been taken over by in depth discussions about CITV
all new Phil

The BBC News Cuts thread certainly seems to be full of people posting who don’t have much life experience.
Critique

The short-lived fantasy BBC News rota thread is also a funny one - pretty much all the rotas require more shows and presenters than the News Channel currently has...!
tightrope78

The desire to watch the footage of Tommy Cooper die on television seems to be a rite of passage that many new Tv Forumers feel the need to go through. There seems to be a thread dedicated to this every year or so!
all new Phil

It’s horrible. I’m not going into that thread.
bilky asko

On a lighter note, cityprod really doesn't like Tom Bradby, does he? It's concrete fact that he's bad, it seems.