TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

tightrope78

TIGHazard wrote: Wed 03 Feb, 2021 08.27
Martin Phillp wrote: Tue 02 Feb, 2021 18.19
GhostFromTVF wrote: Tue 02 Feb, 2021 17.46 The worst comment was AlexS saying his death was “self-inflicted” because of his holiday in Barbados. Unsurprisingly they’ve been banned.
Yes that one stuck out. The overall analysis of his recent events minutes after his death was announced was in poor taste.
While it was certainly too soon, and while TVF was certainly not the place for it, I have seen a number of people online with similar posts when he was admitted to hospital and over the last day.
Just because somebody says something doesn’t make it right. Some things best left unsaid.
all new Phil

We can all think things, it doesn’t necessarily mean we have to post them. For what it’s worth I think it’s crass the way some celebs and shows have treated him, but I don’t necessarily think a conversation in the immediate aftermath of his death is the place to stick my oar in with it.
tightrope78

Oh good. The Mastermind thread is another guessing game with people either simply nominating their favourite presenters , or people totally unsuited, to be the next presenter 🙄
bilky asko

Andrew wrote: Mon 01 Feb, 2021 18.56
Martin Phillp wrote: Mon 01 Feb, 2021 14.41 The Masked Singer is as close to a DS tv show thread we've had for a while.

If there was actually some production based discussion I might read it more, but I'm not interested in it as a tv show where people guess which minor celeb is dressed up as a chicken or whatever.
If it’s a choice between that and reading the GB News thread, I think I’d prefer the Masked Singer thread
Definitely, the GB News thread has to be one of the most tedious and speculative threads in a long while.
tightrope78

bilky asko wrote: Sun 07 Feb, 2021 13.57
Andrew wrote: Mon 01 Feb, 2021 18.56
Martin Phillp wrote: Mon 01 Feb, 2021 14.41 The Masked Singer is as close to a DS tv show thread we've had for a while.

If there was actually some production based discussion I might read it more, but I'm not interested in it as a tv show where people guess which minor celeb is dressed up as a chicken or whatever.
If it’s a choice between that and reading the GB News thread, I think I’d prefer the Masked Singer thread
Definitely, the GB News thread has to be one of the most tedious and speculative threads in a long while.
If speculative rota threads are banned then this thread should be put to bed until the channel launches.
Philip

GB News thread has been locked for going off topic. I couldn't help posting my thoughts that had been brewing for a while, but sorry if I was one of the ones who got it locked!
Martin Phillp

It was veering well off-topic by the end, Andrew Neil fuelling the flames of those who see it as an abomination to television against those who appear to see it as what they want to see and hear before it launches, but there was very little if any tv pres posts today, so I'm not surprised the thread is locked.
TVF's London Lite.
all new Phil

Oh great, more UTV speculation based off nothing at all as far as I can see.
Andrew

all new Phil wrote: Wed 10 Feb, 2021 12.43 Oh great, more UTV speculation based off nothing at all as far as I can see.
It's based on the fact someone noticed a van with no branding!
thegeek

I really hope the UTV idents return, if only to prove the naysayers wrong.
GhostFromTVF

The new GB News thread has already veered off into being unreadable.