TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

james2001

Not suprised really, the discussion's got a bit silly really, with people desperately trying to "prove" it's a mock. It all seems to mostly be based around the timecode as well, even though it's been pointed out that could have been added at any time, not contemporary with the footage. But such a simple explanation that the time code was added recently seems to be less plausible in TV Forum land than imagining someone's knocked up the footage in their bedroom.
Alexia

DTV wrote:Also I think JDN's allusion that the primary colours are red, blue and yellow ages him a little.
It always takes me a moment to think of RGB as being primary colours, because of my artistic upbringing. In my eyes, the three primaries are RYB, but then that's subtractive, not additive which is used in light.
Philip

In the two months that Araminta Kane has been on the forum he has apparently assessed each and every one of us to be not well-rounded. Good to know.
Martin Phillp

Trust Ian 'Bond'-mount to make US political comparisons to the now infamous BBC1/2 video instead of making his point in plain English.
TVF's London Lite.
robschneider

God that man is a prize prick. His YouTube rants, normally filmed half-pissed in the middle of the night, are comedy gold.
Andrew

Threads about classic presentation usually provide good quality discussion.

But the one about old Granada Media idents is painful, seems to be dominated by one young person who wasn't born at the time, posting every 2nd post and quickly moving on to the next ident he's found with no depth of discussion.
Whataday

Aw I know but we all started somewhere.
bilky asko

Martin Phillp wrote:Trust Ian 'Bond'-mount to make US political comparisons to the now infamous BBC1/2 video instead of making his point in plain English.
Clearly Ian "00 Gauge" Beaumont isn't pro-Independence. Apparently Scotland is just a "national region", whatever that is supposed to mean. This is despite Scotland being a country in all but Pointless-round terms.
Jason

Martin Phillp wrote:
Dr Lobster* wrote:what truly amazes me is that seemingly grown men have so much to say about a bland morning news magazine nobody really watches.... that can't be normal, can it? i mean, who cares who's presenting it tomorrow.
That's just it, I don't think the majority of them are. Some are schoolkids.
Who are slowly turning it in to a rota thread.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
james2001

DalekBChannel523 is the latest irritant that's making me want to pull my hair out, bang my head against the wall and double facepalm all at the same time...
Martin Phillp

If Mr Kite really believes that a trial of a Scottish national news bulletin is going to lead to Scottish independence or a SBC based on a BBC trial, then I really need to sort out my paranoid levels.
TVF's London Lite.