TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Martin Phillp

Pete wrote:
cityprod wrote:That's the level of stupidity I'm talking about.

This is very boring. Please get over yourself or I'll ban you.

Hope this helps
x
Can TVF do the same, or do they only ban people for being semi funny about posting supermarket chickens?
TVF's London Lite.
cityprod

Pete wrote:

Hope this helps
x
I'll quite happily shut up. If the rest of the group can do it too, all the better.
Alexia

cityprod wrote:
Alexia wrote:
cityprod wrote:What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare...
Look, just because I'm from Newport, doesn't mean I'm a tramp.
What has your location, which I didn't even know or care about, got to do with anything???

100% Irrelevant.

Educate yourself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._H._Davies
Pete

cityprod wrote:
Pete wrote:

Hope this helps
x
I'll quite happily shut up. If the rest of the group can do it too, all the better.
I'm uninterested in what everyone else does. I'd just like you to shut up. Thank you for agreeing to this.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Steve in Pudsey

cityprod wrote:And why shouldn't they watch the whole thing? TVF is a board that claims to be a place for people who are interested in TV presentation. Well, there's 45 minutes worth of cable TV history right there, some of which had not been seen in this country, when it originally aired. I watched the whole thing before I posted it. I wouldn't have bothered posting it, if I didn't think some might find it interesting.

Instead, I get invective thrown at me, because I didn't include some piddling little time references for one of a number of interesting, or so I thought, things in that programme.

Yes, the programme was a classic piece of self-promotion, but I would have thought you'd assume that anyway, based on the subject matter. I certainly didn't expect somebody to criticise it on that count.

That's the level of stupidity I'm talking about.
45 minutes of the history of one very niche TV channel, that is probably only of interest if you're familar with what said niche TV channel is doing now.

You chose to introduce the video by highlighting only its use of the old ITN music, thus strongly implying that it's the only (or at least main) thing of interest in the video. If you felt that the rest of the video is worth watching, you should have made the case for why people should invest 45 minutes they'll never get back in your original post, because I need convincing that a lengthy video about an American financial news channel is of interest to me. But it feels like you're backpedalling for the sake of having an argument or to avoid acknowledging you screwed up.
all new Phil

What's everyone's thoughts on onions? I could go either way, personally.
Square Eyes

Indeed.

Alexia

Onions are quite possibly the best vegetable out there - they work on all levels - raw, cooked, preserved, battered... and they make a great soup. Highlight of Christmas is my uncle's vat of spicy pickled onions / shallots with some strong cheddar and a nice crusted port. More a fan of silverskins myself due to their ease of consumption more than anything else. Sauteed or fried onions are ace on hotdogs... yes, onions rock. And I don't mind the smell either.
TopCat
Banned for one week

Pete wrote:

Hope this helps
x
Listen, Pete. As I made clear earlier in this thread, do not ban cityprod and that's an order! How many times do you need telling? Do. Not. Ban. Him.
Martin Phillp

TopCat wrote:
Pete wrote:

Hope this helps
x
Listen, Pete. As I made clear earlier in this thread, do not ban cityprod and that's an order! How many times do you need telling? Do. Not. Ban. Him.
What's the deal with you and Cityprod? If you're not shitstirring, you're supporting him in one way or another.
TVF's London Lite.
IdentFan2016

In Britain and America,

Bruv is a common word; same as the Brits.
Motorbike is a same thing.
Sherlock Holmes