TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

dosxuk

Pete wrote:I'd have to have a megapurge, esp of rota cretins and mock cretins
It's the presenter stalking bunch I have the biggest problem with, especially when you end up with perfectly good threads being ruined by some idiot panicing about whether Stuart is on holiday, or maybe he's ill, Jules might be pregnant again, maybe it's Stuarts? Maybe they've been on a secret love trist holiday with Alexm who's dumped Suzie, and they've all been killed in a horrific tram accident? How will we ever cope without knowing? :o

So Stuart's away, at least the rota cretins would post who's standing in for him rather than pointlessly panicing about whether he's pregnant.

The other one which really winds me up is those who think presenters (especially of 24 hour news channels) are some sort of repressed slaves, who are dragged out of bed after five minutes sleep by some deranged manager / producer. jdav particually winded me up with his fawning over how Sky managed to get such big names to work Christmas day, when they should be allowed some time off, but then showed absolutely no sympathy (in fact quite the opposite) to anyone else who had to work to put the same programmes out. Apparently they don't matter, it's all about the presenters.

Idiots.
Gavin Scott
Admin

dosxuk wrote:jdav particually winded me up with his fawning over how Sky managed to get such big names to work Christmas day, when they should be allowed some time off, but then showed absolutely no sympathy (in fact quite the opposite) to anyone else who had to work to put the same programmes out. Apparently they don't matter, it's all about the presenters.

Idiots.
Yep I read that one, what a cretin. The one thing "talent" knows (well trained ones, at least), is that your crew and support are your lifeblood. Nothing makes it to the stage or screen without them. You are nothing without them.

He's one of those who probably thinks Kay Burley is reading along to his posts, pushing an ice cube around her nipple.

Even she knows she's nothing without her editor, ENG crews and man with the air compressor for her foundation.
Critique

It's the presenter stalking bunch I have the biggest problem with, especially when you end up with perfectly good threads being ruined by some idiot panicing about whether Stuart is on holiday, or maybe he's ill, Jules might be pregnant again, maybe it's Stuarts? Maybe they've been on a secret love trist holiday with Alexm who's dumped Suzie, and they've all been killed in a horrific tram accident? How will we ever cope without knowing? :o
Hello, I'm that idiot. As a default, I usually don't give a monkey that Tim Wilcox was covering for Bill Turnball on BBC Sunbreak last Saturday. In that post, and I apologise for sounding slightly like ginofish in this, I wasn't aiming to sound like some hyper-ventilating baboon. I thought maybe I'd give the slight illusion that the rota cretins aren't just talking to themselves now. Obviously that was a mistake.
dosxuk

Do the mods keep deleting jdav's posts? For the second time in a few days, he's showing on the homepage as the most recent poster in one of the forums, but clicking on the link brings up a 404, and there's no sign of the post if you go into the topic.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Plymouth is pissed I think.

What a rummy.
Inspector Sands

dosxuk wrote:Apparently they don't matter, it's all about the presenters.
The same goes in the East Midlands Today thread where 'John' is giving his sympathy to someone who presented it 20 years ago because she does no longer. This despite the fact that she has a senior position on the same programme and is perfectly happy in that position.

It's all about the presenters!
iSon

I cringe at a lot of people over there now. So many "assumptions" now take place that assume that presenters must be tired for working 7 days in a row and also a book of condolence is opened up any time someone moves to a new position.

And then you've got the stalkers who, genuinely, struggle to understand why someone else is presenting another show.
Good Lord!
rob

Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
rob

Anybody want to tell SatGold to shut up? Thanks.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Critique

Jdav, ginofish, tellyboxPLUS, satgold and Tumble Tower really are the main factors as to why the site is turning into a dump, in terms of discussion. DOG watch, seriously?
Philip

Critique wrote:Jdav, ginofish, tellyboxPLUS, satgold and Tumble Tower really are the main factors as to why the site is turning into a dump, in terms of discussion. DOG watch, seriously?
Well, it's better than the new format of Watchdog. ;)