TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

cityprod
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12.43

Really? How about the fact the guy couldn't be bothered to actually watch the damn video for like 10 minutes or something???

People want every fucking on a plate, right in front of them.

Life ain't like that.

Learn about life, before making dumb complaints.
cityprod
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12.43

Steve in Pudsey wrote:
cityprod wrote:It's relevance is a simple, I'm fucking pissed off with all the attacking and badmouthing of me that goes on, because I have a different opinion, and I'm confident enough to say what I think and back it up, type thing. This whole thread has got many examples of people backbiting me because they thought they could get away with it on here, cos I wasn't looking. That's not acceptable in the real world, so it damn well shouldn't be acceptable here on on TVF, or any other internet forum.
In the real world, people tend to have sufficient social skills to realise when nobody is interested in what they are ranting about and that they have outstayed their welcome.
No, in the actual real world, the one beyond the computer screen, actual human beings aren't as batshit stupid as they seem to be when on the internet.

It's like some people when they get behind a car, they suddenly seem to think they own the road. You get a similar effect online, some people seem to think they have the right to say anything and not give a damn about anybody else.

In this case, the guy was being deliberately provocative, so it should be no surprise that his provocation was returned to him.

If you say batshit stupid stuff you should expect to get called on it.

Anyway, back to the testcard.
IdentFan2016
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri 01 Jan, 2016 07.07
Location: Welwyn Garden City

cityprod wrote:
Steve in Pudsey wrote:
cityprod wrote:It's relevance is a simple, I'm fucking pissed off with all the attacking and badmouthing of me that goes on, because I have a different opinion, and I'm confident enough to say what I think and back it up, type thing. This whole thread has got many examples of people backbiting me because they thought they could get away with it on here, cos I wasn't looking. That's not acceptable in the real world, so it damn well shouldn't be acceptable here on on TVF, or any other internet forum.
In the real world, people tend to have sufficient social skills to realise when nobody is interested in what they are ranting about and that they have outstayed their welcome.
No, in the actual real world, the one beyond the computer screen, actual human beings aren't as batshit stupid as they seem to be when on the internet.

It's like some people when they get behind a car, they suddenly seem to think they own the road. You get a similar effect online, some people seem to think they have the right to say anything and not give a damn about anybody else.

In this case, the guy was being deliberately provocative, so it should be no surprise that his provocation was returned to him.

If you say batshit stupid stuff you should expect to get called on it.

Anyway, back to the testcard.
Hello, Hello, Hello. What's going on here, arguing.
Sherlock Holmes
Martin Phillp
Posts: 1148
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

Can we just give Callum and Cityprod their own thread to be daft in?
TVF's London Lite.
cityprod
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12.43

Martin Phillp wrote:Can we just give Callum and Cityprod their own thread to be daft in?
How about everybody takes responsibility for their words? I take responsibility for mine, let's see others do the same.
Steve in Pudsey
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri 02 Jan, 2004 09.45

The only person who seems to be saying things that are "batshit stupid" and getting called on it seems to be the person who then proceeds to throw his toys out of the pram.

Asking where in that 45 minute video the ITN theme you highlighted could be found is perfectly reasonable. Most people posting something like that would have included a time reference, or even a direct link, as a matter of course if it was to a long video, and would assume you omitted it by accident, not because you really expect people to watch the whole thing.

If you think that's provocative, you must have a very paranoid outlook on life.
cityprod
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12.43

Steve in Pudsey wrote:The only person who seems to be saying things that are "batshit stupid" and getting called on it seems to be the person who then proceeds to throw his toys out of the pram.

Asking where in that 45 minute video the ITN theme you highlighted could be found is perfectly reasonable. Most people posting something like that would have included a time reference, or even a direct link, as a matter of course if it was to a long video, and would assume you omitted it by accident, not because you really expect people to watch the whole thing.
And why shouldn't they watch the whole thing? TVF is a board that claims to be a place for people who are interested in TV presentation. Well, there's 45 minutes worth of cable TV history right there, some of which had not been seen in this country, when it originally aired. I watched the whole thing before I posted it. I wouldn't have bothered posting it, if I didn't think some might find it interesting.

Instead, I get invective thrown at me, because I didn't include some piddling little time references for one of a number of interesting, or so I thought, things in that programme.

Yes, the programme was a classic piece of self-promotion, but I would have thought you'd assume that anyway, based on the subject matter. I certainly didn't expect somebody to criticise it on that count.

That's the level of stupidity I'm talking about.
Martin Phillp
Posts: 1148
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

cityprod wrote:
Martin Phillp wrote:Can we just give Callum and Cityprod their own thread to be daft in?
How about everybody takes responsibility for their words? I take responsibility for mine, let's see others do the same.
In that case, take responsibility for when you're being pot kettle, which is the majority of the time.

You could have also defused michael's comments by being apologetic, but of course, you took the bate.
TVF's London Lite.
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 7388
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 13.36
Location: Dundee

cityprod wrote:That's the level of stupidity I'm talking about.

This is very boring. Please get over yourself or I'll ban you.

Hope this helps
x
"He has to be larger than bacon"
cityprod
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu 31 Mar, 2011 12.43

Martin Phillp wrote:
cityprod wrote:
Martin Phillp wrote:Can we just give Callum and Cityprod their own thread to be daft in?
How about everybody takes responsibility for their words? I take responsibility for mine, let's see others do the same.
In that case, take responsibility for when you're being pot kettle, which is the majority of the time.

You could have also defused michael's comments by being apologetic, but of course, you took the bate.
Bait, not bate.

And you never apologise to stupidity. That is the worst thing you can do, because that only encourages it.
Martin Phillp
Posts: 1148
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

cityprod wrote:
Martin Phillp wrote:
cityprod wrote:
How about everybody takes responsibility for their words? I take responsibility for mine, let's see others do the same.
In that case, take responsibility for when you're being pot kettle, which is the majority of the time.

You could have also defused michael's comments by being apologetic, but of course, you took the bate.
Bait, not bate.

And you never apologise to stupidity. That is the worst thing you can do, because that only encourages it.
You have no right to be pedantic, considering how stupid and foolish you are.
TVF's London Lite.
Locked