TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

bilky asko

gottago wrote: Tue 15 Sep, 2020 09.43 There's a really irritating number of posters responding to posts like they're in a chat room rather than a forum. Putting in one word responses to things or unnecessarily responding to a joke or point that doesn't need responding to is annoying when you're clicking the thread to see a new response and that's the only new thing there.
Lol

Sorry
rob

I'd love to be able to enter a thread and NOT be subjected to one of J Lyric's mock logo recreations...
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
bilky asko

Going by the PMs on Television Forum, cityprod was not happy with my request to find a way to listen to his election broadcast.
Do you have a recording of the Cityprod Election Night Extravaganza to listen to?
Apparently I haven't earned his respect. But I've also not earned the respect of Huw Edwards either, and I still watched the BBC Election programme.
Martin Phillp

bilky asko wrote: Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12.14 Going by the PMs on Television Forum, cityprod was not happy with my request to find a way to listen to his election broadcast.
Do you have a recording of the Cityprod Election Night Extravaganza to listen to?
Apparently I haven't earned his respect. But I've also not earned the respect of Huw Edwards either, and I still watched the BBC Election programme.
You should have asked for cityprod's infamous James Bond special!
TVF's London Lite.
all new Phil

I never want to listen to either of these things thanking you kindly.
Pete

and there we go, that's rota chat officially banned.

"He has to be larger than bacon"
tightrope78

I wish certain people would stop using TVForum as a substitute for Google. Asking questions in a forum for another user to answer (when they themselves do not know the answer) is not what TVForum is about.

The Coronavirus | Television News Coverage thread in the Newsroom currently is a good example!
dosxuk

tightrope78 wrote: Sun 20 Sep, 2020 23.04 I wish certain people would stop using TVForum as a substitute for Google. Asking questions in a forum for another user to answer (when they themselves do not know the answer) is not what TVForum is about.

The Coronavirus | Television News Coverage thread in the Newsroom currently is a good example!
See also the "how do I use After Effects threads in the gallery. While Bail's thread started out quite promising with project files and talk about how to make particular effects, it's now turned into "how do I export a video", "how do I add a picture" and "how can I make this entire title sequence". I sometimes think the ability to learn things by ourselves has been lost now we have 24/7 access to ask other people.
tightrope78

dosxuk wrote: Sun 20 Sep, 2020 23.45
tightrope78 wrote: Sun 20 Sep, 2020 23.04 I wish certain people would stop using TVForum as a substitute for Google. Asking questions in a forum for another user to answer (when they themselves do not know the answer) is not what TVForum is about.

See also the "how do I use After Effects threads in the gallery. While Bail's thread started out quite promising with project files and talk about how to make particular effects, it's now turned into "how do I export a video", "how do I add a picture" and "how can I make this entire title sequence". I sometimes think the ability to learn things by ourselves has been lost now we have 24/7 access to ask other people.
Agreed, and it's the same culprit in both threads.

I commented on Andrew Neil in a thread and a someone who has been a member for a few months shot me down, telling me it wasn't appropriate for a TVForum! After 15 years I think I know what is appropriate to post. Equally it is that type of attitude, very often from longer term members, that means that I lurk rather than post. The thread police will be even worse going forward!
tightrope78

So JKDerry posted a ridiculous comment about Chris Whitty being the wrong person to give public health advice. He stigmatised everyone who has had COVID-19 as being stupid and it being their own fault. I commented that it was wrong to do so as neatly every one who’s got COVID-19 did so unwittingly and through no fault of their own. I also reported his post.

I wake up this morning to find that he has been banned for a week but that I have also been warned! Simply ridiculous. And that’s why I rarely contribute. What’s the point?

At the same time, in the same thread, the person having verbal diarrhoea and continually asking the same stupid questions has not had a page of rubbish deleted. Go figure?
Martin Phillp

I received a warning too, despite attempting to keep my post on topic while replying to JK's ridiculous rant.
TVF's London Lite.