TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Martin Phillp

I wondered why Cityprod is now doing PR for WOS Wrestling.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

I don't like sci-fi or Doctor Who so for me it's livened up the thread considerably.

This is fantastic piece of spin though:

"Not especially, it's not even getting 500k."
"That still makes it the most popular wrestling programme in the UK, by more than 100%. That's not too shabby."
bilky asko

Philip wrote: Thu 06 Sep, 2018 18.11 I don't like sci-fi or Doctor Who so for me it's livened up the thread considerably.

This is fantastic piece of spin though:

"Not especially, it's not even getting 500k."
"That still makes it the most popular wrestling programme in the UK, by more than 100%. That's not too shabby."
Now he's quoting his YouTube channel demographics for some reason. The channel where his latest wrestling video has 8 views.

Note the white stain on his shirt and his very dirty wall. If you don't wish to watch the entire ~25 minute video, please consider watching from 3:15 to 3:21.
all new Phil

My next door neighbour’s cat died recently. Should I announce it via a post on TVF?
Martin Phillp

bilky asko wrote: Fri 07 Sep, 2018 01.19Note the white stain on his shirt and his very dirty wall. If you don't wish to watch the entire ~25 minute video, please consider watching from 3:15 to 3:21.
Sweet Jesus!
TVF's London Lite.
Inspector Sands

I was wondering how he managed to fill 25 minutes then watched a bit and remembered his inability to think about what he's going to say before he says it so a good 20 minutes is him going 'er'

His YouTube channel is fascinating, I've never seen a video with 'no views' before. Even some of my videos which are private or unlisted have at least 1... because I at least check the video after uploading.

There's also a live stream recording of him watching Wrestlemania which lasts over 7 hours. That's quite something in terms of stamina even with at least one break. At the end he looks genuinely exhausted. 250 views, but I'd love to see how long most of those watched for when they stumbled across it at the time
Martin Phillp

Inspector Sands wrote: Sat 08 Sep, 2018 21.59

There's also a live stream recording of him watching Wrestlemania which lasts over 7 hours. That's quite something in terms of stamina even with at least one break. At the end he looks genuinely exhausted. 250 views, but I'd love to see how long mossy of those watched for when they stumbled across it at the time
I've just found a 36 minute video of him discussing James Bond actors. Still not a record compared to his marathon Bond themes radio show!
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

I'm having issues getting onto TVF since 6pm when the Six moved to Millbank. According to Is this site down, TVF is still up.
TVF's London Lite.
james2001

First day of the school holidays and OF992 has reappeared.
Woodpecker

I feel like the forum in general is being taken over by kids, some of whom can be rather annoying. That being said, I'd like to think I have a fair bit of empathy in that regard, as I was a kid myself when I developed a fascination with all things TV, before discovering TV Forum a few years later. In fact, although I haven't actually been a member of TVF for that long, I'd take a bet that I've been a regular reader of both TVF and Digital Spy for longer than some of these new posters have been alive.

I realise it's a bit of a tough one, though. Television presentation is a very niche interest, and with all the best will in the world, I do feel that to be interested in that sort of thing in the first place, you have to be a bit eccentric. That being said, some of the newer posters' contributions are just so inane that I cringe when I see them, and to be quite honest, it's the main reason why I don't often read or post on there anymore. I do appreciate that the kids are keen, though, and they are mostly interested in the same aspects of TV as we are - I just think that in their excitement, some can, without realising it, be very annoying, making for an inferior experience for the rest of us.

I apologise profusely if any of the above comes across as harsh - which, to be fair, it probably does. I have no problem with new members - after all, we all have to start somewhere - I just wish we'd all put a bit more thought into our posts.
bilky asko

For those following the puntastic usernames on Television Forum, Austin Tatious is now Alex Plain-Later.