TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

tightrope78

Jonwo wrote: Sat 09 Jan, 2021 20.02 Brekkie made a ludicrous claim that having entertainment shows like Dancing on Ice and sport on TV is causing people to break the lockdown rules!
The argument from him and timbouk seems to be that if they can’t leave the house and go to work then no one else (who have a reasonable excuse) should do either.

Before changing his tune and lauding IAC as a great advert for Wales Brekkie suggested the same thing about it!
Jonwo

tightrope78 wrote: Sun 10 Jan, 2021 12.16 Before changing his tune and lauding IAC as a great advert for Wales Brekkie suggested the same thing about it!
The other day Brekkie and others were calling for the BBC and ITV to have rolling coverage of the situation on Capitol Hill and cancelling all programming that day.
Critique

The constant negative comments about one particular ITV continuity announcer over at the other place are a bit much, aren’t they?

Obviously the View from Stormont/Stormfront slip-up isn’t great but it’s obviously a genuine mistake. Quite a few people though seem to be rubbing their hands in glee at the opportunity to make the same comments they’ve already made many times about that CA being really bad at his job compared to some of the other ‘professional’ announcers. Yes he sounds different from some of the other CAs but that’s by no means a bad thing IMO.

Some rose tinted spectacles seem to have been donned by a few members also, who are now recalling how great the previous continuity by the UTV announcers were. I seem to remember at the time people complaining that Julian and whoever just wheeled out the same old lines week in week out and that UTV would have been better off with the more varied CA from London!
tightrope78

The love for Loose Women never fails to amaze me. How is it appropriate for a serious news presenter like Charlene White to be the presenter of such a sexist load of rubbish? Imagine the talk there would be if Sophie Raworth or Fiona Bruce turned up presenting such a programme on the BBC?
Jonwo

tightrope78 wrote: Wed 13 Jan, 2021 18.49 The love for Loose Women never fails to amaze me. How is it appropriate for a serious news presenter like Charlene White to be the presenter of such a sexist load of rubbish? Imagine the talk there would be if Sophie Raworth or Fiona Bruce turned up presenting such a programme on the BBC?
I don't mind Loose Women but there does seem to be an attitude by certain posters that if you're not a journalist or have a journalistic background, you're not worthy or good enough to be presenting a show like Loose Women or This Morning,
all new Phil

It’s a show with a variety of different presenters and contributors, so ripe for speculation about why this person is presenting on this day, and why this person is off, and if this person is being tried out for News at Ten because they’re sat in the second seat from the right, so of course it’s popular over there.
Jamesypoo

This Is Granada has apparently been a member since 2003, so why are they only just becoming the single most irritating person all of a sudden?
Jonny

Jamesypoo wrote: Wed 20 Jan, 2021 08.55 This Is Granada has apparently been a member since 2003, so why are they only just becoming the single most irritating person all of a sudden?
I fear they have been lost in a forest somewhere and still think it is October 2002.
Jason

all new Phil wrote: Wed 13 Jan, 2021 21.13 It’s a show with a variety of different presenters and contributors, so ripe for speculation about why this person is presenting on this day, and why this person is off, and if this person is being tried out for News at Ten because they’re sat in the second seat from the right, so of course it’s popular over there.
I thought it was a sin now to be discussing that kind of thing over there?
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Jason

Someone’s having a bit of fun changing the After Effects help thread title to ‘Ballyboy asks a Question’
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Bail

Jason wrote: Wed 20 Jan, 2021 19.29 Someone’s having a bit of fun changing the After Effects help thread title to ‘Ballyboy asks a Question’
I mean.. it's accurate right? My thread, my title.