TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Jamesypoo

Nice bit of casual racism there from Rolling News and his dad in the BBC News presenters thread I see.
all new Phil

Turns out Sky News is unwatchable because there’s a beige wall in the background. Who knew.
Andrew

It seems the biggest take from today’s government announcement is the possibility that a slightly differently branded news bulletin may now air at 5pm on the BBC News Channel.
cyberdude

A (relatively) new and probably young member bringing up STV’s position in an independent Scotland. Yet again.

I mean, they surely haven’t read through entire threads to see if it’s been discussed before, but it gets boring for those of us who have been members (or ex-members lurking, like me) for a while.
Jason

Anyone else struggling to get in to TVF at the moment?
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
rob

Jason wrote: Thu 25 Jun, 2020 13.13 Anyone else struggling to get in to TVF at the moment?
It's back online now.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
tightrope78

If our non-Scientist TV Forum members are right there’ll be mass deaths on Merseyside thanks to the Liverpool fans and Coronavirus. As I said the actions of the Liverpool fans ain’t right however to say there’ll be a surge of cases is lazy. Where have these surges been after the BLM marches and VE Day?
james2001

Some people seem to be completely obsessed with "surges" and "second waves", we should have had about 10 second waves by now if the internet doomsayers were to be believed. As I said before, some people on DS seemed to be genuinely angry that VE Day and the easing of the lockdown wasn't causing a surge. It feels like some people are so against the easing of lockdown that they actually want a second wave and for us to be thrown back into lockdown, the consequences of a second wave and lockdown, in both human and economic costs, don't seem to pass their minds.
all new Phil

Oh god I’m fed up of people on Facebook with their constant “I’ve said it all along, a second wave is coming”.

Coronavirus really has turned people into sanctimonious cunts.
Philip

Sometimes I like to go on to Bing.com to see the latest homepage image, and I've lost count of the number of times in the last few months that one of the news headlines at the bottom has been 'Second wave warning'
james2001

The Spanish Flu had a second wave that was deadlier than the first, so people are insisting that means it's got to be the same this time. Becuase it's the same disease, in the same world with the same level of medical care, technology and knowledge as in 1918...

Most people don't even know what "second wave" means, things like the meat packing outbreak in Germany and the rise in cases in the US are being called a "second wave" even though neither are.

I don't think the media publishing misleading beach photos, taken from a distance and heavily zoomed in to make them look a lot more crowded than they actually were, helps these doomsday second wave predictions though.