TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

james2001

TIGHazard wrote: Sat 01 Aug, 2020 08.34 Going to assume it was the "Jason has minority heritage so that's more important to the BBC than a white woman".
Are we sure cobbles wasn't another account of James Martin? 😛
tightrope78

This ‘Donald Trump bans media from nomination’ thread by Ne1LC is surely one of the oddest ever, with precious little relevance to TV presentation!
thegeek

Whataday wrote: Wed 29 Jul, 2020 16.35 For a good few months the place really seems to have taken a turn for the worse. A handful of times since I left I've had a browse for any glimmers of hope but it just feels a such an ugly environment to me now.
I think current circumstances just mean we've had a longer than usual period with a reduced signal to noise ratio. It's like an extended summer holiday period, really. Eventually the newer posters ought to get the hang on the netiquette; get bored and leave; or get the ban hammer.

There's still enough good stuff there to keep me returning - largely posts from people who work in the industry, plus a handful who don't but have been around for long enough to know the ins and outs. I still find out the occasional thing that's going on at work from the forum before I hear it through official channels...
scottishtv

thegeek wrote: Mon 03 Aug, 2020 19.01There's still enough good stuff there to keep me returning
I agree, I particularly liked the recent set design and lighting thread. Also, some of the international presentation and classics threads interest me as it's obviously a quiet time for new presentation over here, and in general.

I just don't go near threads like Presenter Counts, Rotas, GMB or BBC Breakfast as the conversations just go round in circles. I mean - how can anyone still be surprised by The Express publishing clickbait crap about TV shows? Just ignore it, don't post it then discuss it!
Jason

Is TV Forum down at the moment?
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
GhostFromTVF

Jason wrote: Mon 03 Aug, 2020 20.46 Is TV Forum down at the moment?
It is:
https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/tvforum.uk
JetixFann450

I swear the ITV 2019 thread has devolved into talking about someone's signature and someone's mock than relevant to the actual branding itself. Granted, the mock is great, but it feels like the thread has changed focus.
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
Jason

I see the gallery has turned in to mocking the TV Forum logo now. Are the kiddies really that bored from not being at school?

EDIT: Complete with mocked up graphic in Powerpoint!
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
dosxuk

Jason wrote: Mon 10 Aug, 2020 21.25 I see the gallery has turned in to mocking the TV Forum logo now. Are the kiddies really that board from not being at school?

Who the heck rated that 5 stars?!

(actually a question I've been asking about many of the recent mocks)
Jason

dosxuk wrote: Tue 11 Aug, 2020 10.20
Jason wrote: Mon 10 Aug, 2020 21.25 I see the gallery has turned in to mocking the TV Forum logo now. Are the kiddies really that board from not being at school?

Who the heck rated that 5 stars?!

(actually a question I've been asking about many of the recent mocks)

The gallery seems to have been taken over by that Nancer person and that BiggieSMLZ person. I haven’t seen a design from anyone else lately.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
wells

I sometimes mark mocks with a lower or higher mark then I actually think I should give them if I think the average is off.

I like the idea that someone would need to Asa what he thinks of it, as if he wouldn’t see it for himself.