TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

dosxuk

Jamesypoo wrote: Tue 09 Mar, 2021 22.28 I know TVF isn’t one for wild speculation usually, but my god some of the GMB presenter suggestions are out there to say the least - and I can’t tell if people are joking or not?
That thread needs splitting into "what is GMB going to do" and "who can out Piers Piers + what's trending on Twitter live updates". Although I have to admit to bursting into laughter when someone posted that there was nobody able to replace him. That's got to be a joke right? The idea that a country of 60+ million can rustle up a morning magazine show presenter is utterly ridiculous.
Jamesypoo

dosxuk wrote: Tue 09 Mar, 2021 23.01 Although I have to admit to bursting into laughter when someone posted that there was nobody able to replace him. That's got to be a joke right? The idea that a country of 60+ million can rustle up a morning magazine show presenter is utterly ridiculous.
I don't know what was funnier, that or the suggestion of Gordon Ramsay.
barcode

You have to ask your self? 28 page all about piers Morgan and GMB, you have to wonder if all of that shouldn't have been done here? I don;t believe Morgan is a journalist, he is a presenter for a magazine programme and does not read the news etc hence why he been able to say what he likes for the past 5 years.

It seems Competition is on the way: https://thetvforum.com

But which forum will have the higher standers for presentation? As Harry hill said once there only one way to found out......
Martin Phillp

I wondered how long before the hidden GB News chat in the Sky News thread would last? Not very long!
TVF's London Lite.
Jamesypoo

Hasn’t it just been split off into it’s own thread?
Martin Phillp

Jamesypoo wrote: Wed 10 Mar, 2021 23.40 Hasn’t it just been split off into it’s own thread?
Yes, I noticed that after I posted here.
TVF's London Lite.
Inspector Sands

What happened in the Live TV accidents thread. Seemed OK last night, then something 'deeply unpleasant' happened and its all been removed
bilky asko

Inspector Sands wrote: Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07.15 What happened in the Live TV accidents thread. Seemed OK last night, then something 'deeply unpleasant' happened and its all been removed
Thadeur, a member who was previously banned after posting videos such as Tommy Cooper's death video, posted the video again alongside other videos, including one of a suspected paedophile in a court case being shot dead and lying in a pool of his own blood.

They posted all of these videos, waited for the inevitable reaction, and then posted replies in a troll-like fashion pleading ignorance as to how inappropriate their behaviour was and ignorance to the many protestations to their posting of the videos.

They finished by saying (I paraphrase) they were off to bed and would delete the videos in the morning. They were, in my eyes, clearly trolling.
Inspector Sands

Thanks for that, actually after posting the question I remembered Google Cache was a thing and I looked it up on there.

To be honest as interesting as the subject matter is, a thread like that normally only goes one way
Philip

Bit of a shame that the whole thread had to go as there were some interesting posts from yourself and Steve Williams about UP2U. That's the only thing I've disliked about TV Forum moderation, wiping pages of posts or entire threads instead of just deleting the particularly bad posts and locking the thread.
ohno544

It was a bit faces of death. In addition there was some talk of "crazed lesbians" which upset one or two people.

I did think it was ironic such a thread would be so popular, seeing as most of the last few days have seen multiple posts regarding GMB and the posts seem to take a moral high ground (logical and civil discussion is fine, where facts are presented and people can device for themselves, but shaming isn't) Yet at the same time they are happy to support such threads and also claim journalists are not respectable (as far as I know this post is still live and concerns Andrew Neil). The whole we are so moral and that is so bad attitude, It just has an air of fakery about it or perhaps pushed too strongly.