TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

robschneider

So come on then, explain why minority services are still going when mainstream services are being cut left right and centre. Not on.
Alexia

robschneider wrote:So come on then, explain why minority services are still going when mainstream services are being cut left right and centre. Not on.
Examples please.
james2001

He's been banned for a week... why only a week? Just get rid of him, everyone's sick of his offensive right-wing rants.
robschneider

So, you want to ban me because I don't have the same point of view as you and some others?
barcode

robschneider wrote:So, you want to ban me because I don't have the same point of view as you and some others?
Thats a very bad idea if it every happened. It might be helpful if you tone down you political views with certain posts. Ie with context.
cityprod

Alexia wrote:Does cityprod have an opinion as to which political party out of the ones coveting him Winston Churchill would belong to? Tories, UKIP, BF or BNP?
Winston Churchill probably wouldn't belong to any of those parties now, as he would be too moderate for them. He'd probably be a Liberal Democrat these days, as they are the closest to his position.
DTV

cityprod wrote:
Alexia wrote:Does cityprod have an opinion as to which political party out of the ones coveting him Winston Churchill would belong to? Tories, UKIP, BF or BNP?
Winston Churchill probably wouldn't belong to any of those parties now, as he would be too moderate for them. He'd probably be a Liberal Democrat these days, as they are the closest to his position.
No he wouldn't he'd definitely still be in the Conservative Party. Not just on ideological grounds but also on electoral grounds - he switched from Conservative to Liberal when the Conservatives fell out of favour and then jumped ship again when the Liberals went down. He's of a similar Liberal-Conservative tradition to the likes of David Davis. Most of the people who shared that ideology in the Liberal party split into the Liberal Nationals in the 30s which then merged with the Conservatives in the 60s. That ideological tradition pretty much disappeared in the Liberal party who became a lot more Keynesian, admittedly so was the Conservative leadership in the late 50s but then Churchill is probably just as ideologically distant from MacMillan as he is from Cameron. Granted Churchill may not have been a fan of Theresa May's Anti-Human Rights/Civil Liberties agenda but he wasn't a fan of Keynesianism when he was PM so Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats wouldn't be too appealing either.

You never know maybe he'd go and set up his own party along the lines of his Constitutionalist label from the 1920s.
Martin Phillp

Riaz replaces Rob Schneider as chief BBC basher.
TVF's London Lite.
Steve in Pudsey

robschneider wrote:So come on then, explain why minority services are still going when mainstream services are being cut left right and centre. Not on.
The license fee being used to make niche programming that the commercial sector couldn't make viable.

It's called Public Service Broadcasting. You might have heard of it.
james2001

All, the typical "the BBC should only make programmes I want to watch" attitude.
Philip

Another fine new member to add to the ranks.
TalentLover1987 wrote:To be honest, you don't want to see it. It was a terrible kids show that encouraged vile behaviour such as shouting in places where you're supposed to be quiet.