TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Pete

Bail wrote: Wed 20 Jan, 2021 21.24
Jason wrote: Wed 20 Jan, 2021 19.29 Someone’s having a bit of fun changing the After Effects help thread title to ‘Ballyboy asks a Question’
I mean.. it's accurate right? My thread, my title.
Need to add a +1 feature to here
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rob

Bail wrote: Wed 20 Jan, 2021 21.24
Jason wrote: Wed 20 Jan, 2021 19.29 Someone’s having a bit of fun changing the After Effects help thread title to ‘Ballyboy asks a Question’
I mean.. it's accurate right? My thread, my title.
It should be 'Ballyboy Asks a Question. Again. And again. And again. And again...'
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Philip

Well, that ITV Schools thread went well didn't it?
GhostFromTVF

Philip wrote: Fri 22 Jan, 2021 17.37 Well, that ITV Schools thread went well didn't it?
And Jalium is now no more!
JetixFann450

Oh no, ToasterMan has returned.
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
DTV

I'm really starting to get bothered by the handful of forumers who are 'over-kudosers'. I've tended to use the kudos function to say 'thanks' or 'well done' or 'I agree with this' without posting a full reply. But there are a few - particularly newer - members who seem to feel the need to kudos every post in a thread. Even ones, during arguments, that are contradictory. What's the point?
Martin Phillp

DTV wrote: Sat 30 Jan, 2021 13.27 I'm really starting to get bothered by the handful of forumers who are 'over-kudosers'. I've tended to use the kudos function to say 'thanks' or 'well done' or 'I agree with this' without posting a full reply. But there are a few - particularly newer - members who seem to feel the need to kudos every post in a thread. Even ones, during arguments, that are contradictory. What's the point?
I was going to mention this as well. Roger is one of the key over-kudosers.

I tend to give kudos to someone who posts interesting information, an important point or if they post something funny. But not for just a general reply.
TVF's London Lite.
Jamesypoo

Agree with the above posts on kudos etiquette. I use it much the same way. Along with the contradictory sides of the argument thing, see also: people who kudos a post which criticises them!? Don’t understand at all.
tillyoshea

Jamesypoo wrote: Sun 31 Jan, 2021 15.47 People who kudos a post which criticises them!? Don’t understand at all.
I don’t think I’ve done this specifically on TVForum, but I think it’s context-specific. Giving kudos to a post which contradicts you to say “oh, I hadn’t thought of it in those terms” or “I stand corrected” or “good point” or “fair enough” seems a good approach to me... but not so much if you give kudos and then carry on arguing the toss...
Pete

tillyoshea wrote: Sun 31 Jan, 2021 19.27
Jamesypoo wrote: Sun 31 Jan, 2021 15.47 People who kudos a post which criticises them!? Don’t understand at all.
I don’t think I’ve done this specifically on TVForum, but I think it’s context-specific. Giving kudos to a post which contradicts you to say “oh, I hadn’t thought of it in those terms” or “I stand corrected” or “good point” or “fair enough” seems a good approach to me... but not so much if you give kudos and then carry on arguing the toss...
I mean that's fair enough, but there seems to be a thing on TVF where someone likes both sides of a fight they aren't in, constantly. it's as if they're using it to mark which posts they've read rather than any actual logic.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Philip

I don't watch it, but if I did I get the feeling that the thread for The Masked Singer would just suck the enjoyment out of it. It seems to consist entirely of people's guesses about who the singers are, and how supposedly obvious it is who they are, rather than any discussion about the actual production of the show and the presentation.