TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

wells

NBC's an angry young man!
Gavin Scott
Admin

I trust that in these fascinating times of Articles of Understanding between the Beeb and ITV News, we'll see a new era in the Newsroom forum, where the subject matter is infinitely more worthy of discussion than the presenter stalking (lovely as they all are, of course).

So may I utter one probing question before it gets too involved - if there's one set and its shared by two programmes, which presenter will leave a sweaty bum stripe on the chair and put the next presenter off?
B.E. El-Zebub

Not sure what to make of the racially aggravated incident in the Meridian thread.

Must say meridiantvfan and his obsession with Gemma Humphries is incredibly irritating.

And just who *is* the user 'South Today'?
Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn o lyswennod
James H

Someone called Damon.

By the way, what happened in the meridian thread yesterday? What did I miss? I feel so left out :cry:
Nini
Banned

Me too, apparently it was carted off to the mod holding pen according to Charlie and seems that a post relating to it by a one-post type remains.. funny.
Pete

from what i saw, meridiantv said something along the lines of "i suppose [some presenter] is ok looking for a black lady" and then did a carol thatcher and refused to either recognise his comments had offended anyone or apologise for them. instead galavanting off in a "oh i am funny" way.

South Today meanwhile, cretin that he is, accused everyone who was offended of being the "pc brigade"
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Alexia

Shame there are more people who think like Showbizguru.
Gavin Scott
Admin

meridiantvfan wrote:I did'nt know that was her name but I know who you mean, yes not bad for a black woman really. I guess she has gone to the beeb like so many have
To which I replied, "excuse me?" - before it was removed.
James H

And he's still posting?
Gavin Scott
Admin

James H wrote:And he's still posting?
I'm not sure its a banning phrase, technically.

He may be saying, "typically I tend not to be attracted to black women, but I find her attractive"; or it might speak to a part of him that dismisses women of colour as "couldn't possibly be attractive in general".

Some people feel that way; but have the class not to utter it, some don't feel that way; and some are pillocks.
Col

It's Comic Relief night - which can mean TV Forum get their resident funny guy to cast an eye on what the evening is all about.

Yes, Tumble Tower's in the house, people.