TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Spencer For Hire

I blame political-correctness-gone-mad, Ofcom (sorry, "Ofcon"), change, the BBC One Dancers, breakdown in society, custom designed fonts, and the demise of mechanical channel idents.
Spencer For Hire

Actually you might have a point there. :lol:
Malpass93

Spencer For Hire wrote:I blame political-correctness-gone-mad, Ofcom (sorry, "Ofcon"), change, the BBC One Dancers, breakdown in society, custom designed fonts, and the demise of mechanical channel idents.
I hate political correctness, Ofcom, the BBC1 Rhythm and Movement as much as the next guy, but what's wrong with computer generated idents? LWT's (1986, 1992 and 1996) was fine, as was Central's and Channel 4's 1982 blocks. I quite like the 1991 BBC1, as well.
The New Malpass.
Jovis

Malpass93 wrote:
Spencer For Hire wrote:I blame political-correctness-gone-mad, Ofcom (sorry, "Ofcon"), change, the BBC One Dancers, breakdown in society, custom designed fonts, and the demise of mechanical channel idents.
I hate political correctness, Ofcom, the BBC1 Rhythm and Movement as much as the next guy, but what's wrong with computer generated idents? LWT's (1986, 1992 and 1996) was fine, as was Central's and Channel 4's 1982 blocks. I quite like the 1991 BBC1, as well.
*woosh*
Stuart*
Banned

Malpass93 wrote:I hate political correctness, Ofcom, the BBC1 Rhythm and Movement as much as the next guy, but what's wrong with computer generated idents? LWT's (1986, 1992 and 1996) was fine, as was Central's and Channel 4's 1982 blocks. I quite like the 1991 BBC1, as well.
Ahh, Malpass, perhaps you should read this article by Organ Grinder in MediaGuardian about TV idents. He didn't seem so keen on some of the CGI creations, infact he didn't seem keen on any idents at all!
User removed
Spencer For Hire

nodnirG kraM wrote:They are anti-Christian and detract attention away from static programme promo slides.

And in any event, 1991's BBC1 idents were not made on a computer, they were drawn by hand.
I heard it was made by filming a goldfish-bowl full of dirty water and leaves, and stirring it around anti-clockwise.
Malpass93

Spencer For Hire wrote:
nodnirG kraM wrote:They are anti-Christian and detract attention away from static programme promo slides.

And in any event, 1991's BBC1 idents were not made on a computer, they were drawn by hand.
I heard it was made by filming a goldfish-bowl full of dirty water and leaves, and stirring it around anti-clockwise.
Sharp, Spencer. Very sharp.

Joan has returned, making a thread in the Newsroom about SSN and SSN. (Sky Sports News and Santanasultanasetanta Sports News). Seems to be OK, but might be one to keep an eye on. There is also a thread about MLS broadcast from Joan.
The New Malpass.
Pete

*strums fingers in disgust at the distinctly "should be on here" thread*
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Malpass93

Hymagumba wrote:*strums fingers in disgust at the distinctly "should be on here" thread*
You what?
The New Malpass.
Alexia

Malpass93 wrote:
Hymagumba wrote:*strums fingers in disgust at the distinctly "should be on here" thread*
You what?
OK Malpass - you're really living up to those last three letters in your name. You claim to be a long time lurker, yet your posts here have been, in my opinion, ignorant and clumsy. To explain for your small brain: The forum at the top of the page is called Birdsong, and is a radio forum, named after a DAB stream which plays apparently relaxing continuous birdsong. Therefore Hyma is moaning that a radio topic is being discussed on TV Forum, rather than its home here, which is what it was created for. Either buck up your act or you'll find yourself on distinctly the wrong end of everyone's stick.
Malpass93

Alexia wrote:
Malpass93 wrote:
You what?
OK Malpass - you're really living up to those last three letters in your name. You claim to be a long time lurker, yet your posts here have been, in my opinion, ignorant and clumsy. To explain for your small brain: The forum at the top of the page is called Birdsong, and is a radio forum, named after a DAB stream which plays apparently relaxing continuous birdsong. Therefore Hyma is moaning that a radio topic is being discussed on TV Forum, rather than its home here, which is what it was created for. Either buck up your act or you'll find yourself on distinctly the wrong end of everyone's stick.
Sorry. I must have lost the copy of "Metropol for Dummies".

BTW, the MalpASS thing smacks of unimagination.

Anyway, Sky Sports is TV, isn't it (unless, of course, I'm missing something, in which case, let me know)?
The New Malpass.