TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Chie

Don't you love it when (supposed) BBC employees brag about how 'BBC' they really are, under the guise of meaningless chit-chat such as:

yaloh: What's Gateway? Some internal memo?

Chie: gateway.bbc.co.uk - although you won't be able to get on it unless you're on a BBC workstation.

noggin: Or have a MyConnect token that lets you log in via any web browser to check Gateway and E-mail.

BBCMIDSTODAY: MyConnect portal slowed down earlier tho

Utterly pointless :roll:

(See the BBC Rebrand thread in Newsroom)
Beep

Chie wrote:Don't you love it when (supposed) BBC employees brag about how 'BBC' they really are, under the guise of meaningless chit-chat such as:

yaloh: What's Gateway? Some internal memo?

Chie: gateway.bbc.co.uk - although you won't be able to get on it unless you're on a BBC workstation.

noggin: Or have a MyConnect token that lets you log in via any web browser to check Gateway and E-mail.

BBCMIDSTODAY: MyConnect portal slowed down earlier tho

Utterly pointless :roll:

(See the BBC Rebrand thread in Newsroom)
I know , I mean It is totally pointless , altho the LMS brokedown and the VM screwed the server and Hub up.
Jovis

You're doing it again.

Chie was doing it too really, somebody had already replied to the question, so he was either blind at that particular moment, or wanting to wave his BBC willy around.
Hermes

Yes it is very funny. And despite what Godfather would like to think, he's a little kid who does not work for the BBC or have access to Gateway or anything of interest whatsoever. And does access to the intranet have any bearing on the rebrand, or have any relevance to the rebrand thread on TVF?, no....
Chie

Jovis wrote:You're doing it again.

Chie was doing it too really, somebody had already replied to the question, so he was either blind at that particular moment, or wanting to wave his BBC willy around.
I haven't got a BBC willy. I know someone who has though. :D
Pete

Hermes wrote:Yes it is very funny. And despite what Godfather would like to think, he's a little kid who does not work for the BBC or have access to Gateway or anything of interest whatsoever. And does access to the intranet have any bearing on the rebrand, or have any relevance to the rebrand thread on TVF?, no....
if I'm not mistaken, beep chubby is on one of the little work experience type things for BBC Birmingham hence him being able to access some bits and bobs
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Hermes

Even if that's the case, he's still talking a load of crap.
all new Phil

miss hellfire, over there wrote:I've only been here 3 years but it feels much longer.
You can say that again.
noelfirl

In fairness to noggin, where he can, he seems to just comment on BBC things for "the greater good", i.e., it seems more just out of a desire to give us as much (correct) information as he can rather then being about dick waving. Chubby can go to hell in a handbasket though.
Nini
Banned

Got a very friendly PM from our beloved leader over there chiding me for chiding CBBC (I don't know, some non-entity of some sort) on yet another pointless thread.

Yes, almost as if Asa is trying to turn Metropol into some form of ghetto for us "doesn't play well with others" sorts. Usher dissenters off to here, those who choose to close their eyes, play happy-hug-time and tow the party line get to stay.

This is how Nazi Germany started.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Nini wrote:Got a very friendly PM from our beloved leader over there chiding me for chiding CBBC (I don't know, some non-entity of some sort) on yet another pointless thread.

Yes, almost as if Asa is trying to turn Metropol into some form of ghetto for us "doesn't play well with others" sorts. Usher dissenters off to here, those who choose to close their eyes, play happy-hug-time and tow the party line get to stay.

This is how Nazi Germany started.
In fairness though that is one of the functions of this place. The original Lounge (sub-titled "for general chat") was ultimately where folk would go to vent frustration about other members. Moderating it was always going to be tricky, as some members (like me) expected a little more freedom to explore things like sarcasm and insults.

The sister-site relationship is a good solution and doesn't put the moderators of either site in conflict.

The down side, perhaps, is that posting here doesn't necessarily provide the gratification of flaming a troll or bringing an idiot down a peg or two right there in the thread they're posting in. However, if everyone opted to do that it would probably get out of hand quite quickly.

You have to choose your moments more carefully. Destroying every fifth idiot is a good rule of thumb.

Besides, this thread is visited by TV Forumers quite often, so politically your comments here have the potential to be just as effective.