TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Philip

Oh god, I’m getting upset over the closure of a forum about TV logos. What is my life.
ohno544

I must say I am not surprised the place is closing. It seemed such a toxic place to me and many others who had been there. I am glad the admin has had the guts to pull it. If only the same thing could happen to Twitter and the like. DS forums should be next.

I just hope certain people are happy with themselves. They went around like a mob attacking and conspiring against anyone they didn’t agree with. I joined the TV forum as a teenage back in 2005 or 6. It was sad to see the place become so toxic and I am glad it is being closed. Maybe one day such a space will exist again, but it can’t really in the current world.

Bye bye Tv forum, thanks for making my teenage years a bit more geeky and spiking my interest in TV.
Pete

ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 11.55 I must say I am not surprised the place is closing. It seemed such a toxic place to me and many others who had been there.
was it though?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 11.55I joined the TV forum as a teenage back in 2005 or 6.
ohno544 wrote: Sat 13 Feb, 2021 12.32I did attempt to sign up but no sign up email ever comes and the admin does not respond.
Well I wonder what we can take away from these two posts?
ohno544

Pete wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 12.15
ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 11.55 I must say I am not surprised the place is closing. It seemed such a toxic place to me and many others who had been there.
was it though?
From my point of view, yes
ohno544

bilky asko wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 12.18
ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 11.55I joined the TV forum as a teenage back in 2005 or 6.
ohno544 wrote: Sat 13 Feb, 2021 12.32I did attempt to sign up but no sign up email ever comes and the admin does not respond.
Well I wonder what we can take away from these two posts?
Here we go again with the toxic mind set. If you bothered to read the rest of my posts you will see I referenced the early days.

I signed up as a teenager and didn’t have access to my original account. You will also see if you had bothered to read the rest of my post. That I had emailed the admin but did not get a response. The tv forum sign up system does not appear to work with Apple email accounts. I might add that many posters were banned by the admin who they claimed were previous banned members. But could never explain why. I suspected a group within the forum members worked to archive this. Ie certain members grouped up and claimed such and such was a previous member to get them banned, despite there being no evidence other than the person had a different opinion. It didn’t help matters that the admins tended to side with these.

I think I had a couple of accounts on the forum over the years. Obviously as I was working in the industry after a certain point I made a new account. But as I say I could never get this new account to work and the emails for my old accounts never worked. If I remember right at one time my account was banned as the admin claimed I was another person, again there was no evidence of this and the admin could not advise any further.

It is against the rules to have more than one account active at the same time. The admin did agree to make one of my old account active but at that stage my mindset had changed.
dosxuk

ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 12.23If I remember right at one time my account was banned as the admin claimed I was another person, again there was no evidence of this and the admin could not advise any further.
Well, you mean other than
ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 12.23I think I had a couple of accounts on the forum over the years.
So you were another person on the forum, which is against the rules, but you didn't want that rule to apply to you?
ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 12.23It is against the rules to have more than one account active at the same time. The admin did agree to make one of my old account active but at that stage my mindset had changed.
So when the admin's tried to sort out your multiple accounts issue you decided you couldn't be bothered after all? And this is not because you were breaking the rules and didn't want to abide by them, but because the place was "toxic"?

This is literally the sort of shit that admins having to deal with causes them to go "is it really worth it?". I hope you're proud of yourself.
ohno544

dosxuk wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 12.58
ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 12.23If I remember right at one time my account was banned as the admin claimed I was another person, again there was no evidence of this and the admin could not advise any further.
Well, you mean other than
ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 12.23I think I had a couple of accounts on the forum over the years.
So you were another person on the forum, which is against the rules, but you didn't want that rule to apply to you?
ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 12.23It is against the rules to have more than one account active at the same time. The admin did agree to make one of my old account active but at that stage my mindset had changed.
So when the admin's tried to sort out your multiple accounts issue you decided you couldn't be bothered after all? And this is not because you were breaking the rules and didn't want to abide by them, but because the place was "toxic"?

This is literally the sort of shit that admins having to deal with causes them to go "is it really worth it?". I hope you're proud of yourself.
Why are you so toxic? Why are you so nasty.

I just explained the circumstances. So a forum admin dealing with a technical fault causes a forum to be closed? I don’t think so.

As I already said I was open with the admin that I had more than one account. What else am I supposed to do if I don’t have access to an old account?

Yes the admins did offer to sort me out, but given I had been accused of being previous banned member (which I wasn’t) I didn’t see much of a future.

As I say, if an admin can’t deal with technical faults or people with login trouble, a forum admin role isn’t for them.

Running the tv forum isn’t worth it, because it has become infested with people like you and your toxic way of dealing with people. Nobody else is right but you and your lot. Do me a favour and sign up for DS forums, maybe you can infect that place as well. One day the world will come to its senses.

I am proud I was a member of the tv forum and that it is now being closed, to watch people like you barge into the place with your toxic bullshit was painful to see. Whatever will you do all day now?

Anyone is any doubt only need to check your posting history here. 56 pages of toxicity.
dosxuk

ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 13.20Why are you so toxic? Why are you so nasty.
Expecting other people to obey the rules of the sites they wish to be members of is not being toxic.

Calling out hypocrisy is not being nasty.

You wanted to be a member, you had multiple accounts, you didn't want to get it sorted and now you're blaming everyone else.

And as for "people like me barging in", I think you'll find I've been a member longer than you - even your original account (and I've not had any problems with being accused of having multiple accounts either).
Jamesypoo

This thread is getting quite toxic to be honest, a least 4 posts worth on this page alone. I wish these people wouldn't come here and infect the place with their toxicity. The existing toxicity was much better.
ohno544

dosxuk wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 13.37
ohno544 wrote: Thu 04 Mar, 2021 13.20Why are you so toxic? Why are you so nasty.
Expecting other people to obey the rules of the sites they wish to be members of is not being toxic.

Calling out hypocrisy is not being nasty.

You wanted to be a member, you had multiple accounts, you didn't want to get it sorted and now you're blaming everyone else.

And as for "people like me barging in", I think you'll find I've been a member longer than you - even your original account (and I've not had any problems with being accused of having multiple accounts either).
Excuse me, I just told you I told the admin I had multiple accounts and also that I had technical issues with my old account. That isn’t the same as ignoring the rules which you seem to be trying to imply. Why would I bother to tell the admin any other accounts if I didn’t care about the rules or forum?

There is no hypocrisy. As I have already explained the circumstances.

I am blaming people that were members of the forum and could not be civil. Members which liked to use tactics like ganging up on other members. Based on yours and another members response to my post on here today I can see some tv forum members are very negative towards people.

It doesn’t really matter how old your account is, although I am surprised old members would allow themselves to fall into the toxic barrel. No doubt a bit too much time on Twitter or Facebook. I certainly know when I joined originally it was a much nicer place and one could say things without being attacked. People at that time didn’t deal in absolutes. Perhaps like a work place.

If you have never been accused of being a previous banned member it is likely you hold views which do not upset certain people. Only the other week I suggested the tv forum ban politics.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter now. Those that wanted dominance
In the forum and to drive away people with a genuine interest have succeeded and I think the admin could see most decent people had already left, and instead the tv forum had become an echo chamber.

No doubt another space for the tv forum members to join will be created some day. I only suggest, the admins of that site introduce ID systems and a no politics rule.

I am not going to argue with people, I have given my opinion. There is a group of members that will continue to support each other and everybody else is in their gutter. I just say to the gutter people, don’t worry, I assure you these packs are seldom happy in life, and I say we should get on with ours, let’s leave them to it. You will be far happier and so will the tv forum admin now. Regardless of who he is dealing with.

Thanks again tv forum. RIP.