TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

all new Phil

Philip wrote: Sun 31 Jan, 2021 20.21 I don't watch it, but if I did I get the feeling that the thread for The Masked Singer would just suck the enjoyment out of it. It seems to consist entirely of people's guesses about who the singers are, and how supposedly obvious it is who they are, rather than any discussion about the actual production of the show and the presentation.
That’s kind of the point of it though.
gottago

Yes reading other people's guesses, ideas and workings out is all part of it and adds to the enjoyment. Thinking the Dragon was Courtney Act for weeks and then suddenly not being able to hear anyone but Sue Perkins during the performance last night because I'd read someone guessing her on TV Forum was a revelation.

I appreciate that's it's not a very TV Forum thread though.
Martin Phillp

The Masked Singer is as close to a DS tv show thread we've had for a while.

If there was actually some production based discussion I might read it more, but I'm not interested in it as a tv show where people guess which minor celeb is dressed up as a chicken or whatever.
TVF's London Lite.
Andrew

Martin Phillp wrote: Mon 01 Feb, 2021 14.41 The Masked Singer is as close to a DS tv show thread we've had for a while.

If there was actually some production based discussion I might read it more, but I'm not interested in it as a tv show where people guess which minor celeb is dressed up as a chicken or whatever.
If it’s a choice between that and reading the GB News thread, I think I’d prefer the Masked Singer thread
Martin Phillp

The last 30 mins or so of 'analysis' of Captain Tom Moore's death on the Covid 19 news thread was nothing short of disgusting.

It takes a lot for me to be offended, but some of the absolute tripe being posted was easily my lowest point of reading TVF in nearly 20 years of being a member.
TVF's London Lite.
scottishtv

Indeed, there's a time and a place for certain discussions - and some people just don't know when to shut up.
GhostFromTVF

The worst comment was AlexS saying his death was “self-inflicted” because of his holiday in Barbados. Unsurprisingly they’ve been banned.
Martin Phillp

GhostFromTVF wrote: Tue 02 Feb, 2021 17.46 The worst comment was AlexS saying his death was “self-inflicted” because of his holiday in Barbados. Unsurprisingly they’ve been banned.
Yes that one stuck out. The overall analysis of his recent events minutes after his death was announced was in poor taste.
TVF's London Lite.
Jonwo

I see that Truthfinder has been banned. I know their predictions on The Masked Singer were outlandish but not ban worthy!
AlfieMulcahy

Jonwo wrote: Tue 02 Feb, 2021 19.05 I see that Truthfinder has been banned. I know their predictions on The Masked Singer were outlandish but not ban worthy!
He created a second thread with 'Leaks' from the Masked Singer without a spolier tag. Maybe that's why.
TIGHazard

Martin Phillp wrote: Tue 02 Feb, 2021 18.19
GhostFromTVF wrote: Tue 02 Feb, 2021 17.46 The worst comment was AlexS saying his death was “self-inflicted” because of his holiday in Barbados. Unsurprisingly they’ve been banned.
Yes that one stuck out. The overall analysis of his recent events minutes after his death was announced was in poor taste.
While it was certainly too soon, and while TVF was certainly not the place for it, I have seen a number of people online with similar posts when he was admitted to hospital and over the last day.