TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

PresIdents

Could help but chuckle at this.
radiolistener wrote:Would the misogynists on here be saying "the Doctor is WHITE" if Paterson Joseph had been cast?
barcode

I'll keep this short and sweet, I just don't understand why some people are failing to understand other people's points of view. To throw in more disgraceful comments like racist is just becoming underneath these people, Personnel If there had went for someone like Idris Elba, that would have been for more bold.

What I don't understand is why people dont understand why I and a few others are displaced about this concept. BBC have just bowed to under justified complaints. It just looks like box ticking or gimmicks or trying to change the outlook of the show, without due cause. The past series has been crap because of Steven Moffet.
bilky asko

Maybe it's because you're making unfounded accusations about the decision making process.
barcode

bilky asko wrote: Mon 17 Jul, 2017 09.54 Maybe it's because you're making unfounded accusations about the decision making process.
It doesn't feel like that, it feels like people are making nasty comments. radiolistener now saying were racist. :evil:
Martin Phillp

Sadly that discussion reflects what I've read on social media and DS. Ill informed sexist nonsense which shows we're still a long way from true equality, even when it's a teatime sci-fi show largely for kids.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

barcode wrote: Mon 17 Jul, 2017 10.04
bilky asko wrote: Mon 17 Jul, 2017 09.54 Maybe it's because you're making unfounded accusations about the decision making process.
It doesn't feel like that, it feels like people are making nasty comments. radiolistener now saying were racist. :evil:
No he isn't. He's pointing out the hypocrisy of saying the Doctor shouldn't / can't change gender / sex but should be able change race.
scottishtv

I know it's the summer holidays, but some TV Forum threads have posters who feel the need to reply to almost every single other post in the thread. Why can't they just refrain from posting for a bit?

The desire to make a nonsensical point over-and-over, or always have the last word is so tedious.
bilky asko

Apparently offensive jokes are no longer allowed on TVF, which is a shame because The Ghost of Bernard Manning was going to join tonight to share some of his best material.
Martin Phillp

bilky asko wrote: Mon 17 Jul, 2017 22.19 Apparently offensive jokes are no longer allowed on TVF, which is a shame because The Ghost of Bernard Manning was going to join tonight to share some of his best material.
For an offensive joke, the Tardis parking joke was tame compared to some of the rubbish being posted as a reason for the actress being cast in that role.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

Martin Phillp wrote: Tue 18 Jul, 2017 02.25
bilky asko wrote: Mon 17 Jul, 2017 22.19 Apparently offensive jokes are no longer allowed on TVF, which is a shame because The Ghost of Bernard Manning was going to join tonight to share some of his best material.
For an offensive joke, the Tardis parking joke was tame compared to some of the rubbish being posted as a reason for the actress being cast in that role.
Of course - I just found it amusing that anyone thought that cracking out ancient jokes about women parking was somehow their right.
scottishtv

He also posted an image which read something like "where will she keep her bras?" over a picture of the tardis, which I suspect was what really tried the moderators' patience. As someone else said, the images weren't even satirical or amusing, just sexist nonsense - clearly posted to provoke a reaction.