TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

james2001

Last night Tumble was going round giving kudos to every post that was slagging him off. I can't work out if he genuinely doesn't realise he's being insulted, or if he knows exactly what he's doing and trolling...
Martin Phillp

TVBreakdownFan is already annoying me with his over use of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TVF's London Lite.
dosxuk

Martin Phillp wrote:TVBreakdownFan is already annoying me with his over use of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
According to him we'll have to wait and see if Fountain Studios are going to close down.
MetalGearRex

dosxuk wrote:
Martin Phillp wrote:TVBreakdownFan is already annoying me with his over use of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
According to him we'll have to wait and see if Fountain Studios are going to close down.
And his overuse of caps grates on me.
dosxuk

Please stop encouraging him Barcode :'(

MetalGearRex wrote:
dosxuk wrote:
Congrats, you're no longer the most irritating new member.
MetalGearRex

dosxuk wrote:Please stop encouraging him Barcode :'(

MetalGearRex wrote:
dosxuk wrote:
Congrats, you're no longer the most irritating new member.
How am I irritating? Care to elaborate.
MetalGearRex

TVBreakdownFan has gone - along with the two threads he's started.
dosxuk

MetalGearRex wrote:How am I irritating? Care to elaborate.
Well since you've asked, primarily because you like to post theory/opinion as fact.

Lets take one post from the other day:
1080i is interlaced resolution, which doesn't bode well especially with fast paced images. It creates a blurred effect that smears the screen.
720p has a less refined image but can hold its own with a consistent progressive resolution.
- it's just complete and utter nonsense.

Or more recently
Looks like playout flipped the switch way too early - it erroneously aired straight after the Tennis World Tour programme ended.
There's a multitude of reasons that could have happened, but off you go blaming playout and their switches.
MetalGearRex

dosxuk wrote:
MetalGearRex wrote:How am I irritating? Care to elaborate.
Well since you've asked, primarily because you like to post theory/opinion as fact.

Lets take one post from the other day:
1080i is interlaced resolution, which doesn't bode well especially with fast paced images. It creates a blurred effect that smears the screen.
720p has a less refined image but can hold its own with a consistent progressive resolution.
- it's just complete and utter nonsense.

Or more recently
Looks like playout flipped the switch way too early - it erroneously aired straight after the Tennis World Tour programme ended.
There's a multitude of reasons that could have happened, but off you go blaming playout and their switches.
I see - it's very much so that I'm incorrect about what I've said, judging from those two posts. I'll admit - I don't have much knowledge about some topics including playout and resolution BTW.

Very sorry about this to be honest - the realisation is that if I don't know much about the topic discussed in one thread, I can't go posting waffle.
dosxuk

MetalGearRex wrote:the realisation is that if I don't know much about the topic discussed in one thread, I can't go posting waffle.
Or more helpfully, ask. There are people on TVF who play out programmes every day, waffling on about what you think they're doing (when they're not) is irritating. Saying you're interested and don't understand something and asking someone to explain is the complete opposite.
MetalGearRex

dosxuk wrote:
MetalGearRex wrote:the realisation is that if I don't know much about the topic discussed in one thread, I can't go posting waffle.
Or more helpfully, ask. There are people on TVF who play out programmes every day, waffling on about what you think they're doing (when they're not) is irritating. Saying you're interested and don't understand something and asking someone to explain is the complete opposite.
I'd say that what you've suggested is the logical solution. Having taken your feedback, I'm going to try avoid waffling and to improve my posts.