TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

dosxuk

robschneider wrote:Comparing Donald Trump to Jimmy Savile is something that could only happen on TVF.
Please provide a quote from TVF where someone compared Trump to Savile.
Martin Phillp

Two right-wingers who misread a quote. Shocker!
TVF's London Lite.
Charlie Wells

dosxuk wrote:
robschneider wrote:Comparing Donald Trump to Jimmy Savile is something that could only happen on TVF.
Please provide a quote from TVF where someone compared Trump to Savile.
As far as I can see the post in question reads...
Sounds a bit reminiscent of the Saville revelations one outlet dithering and the other reporting them instead
...Which I interpret the comparison to relate to how Newsnight ended up shelving their original report on Saville, leading to a rival reporting on it first instead. In this instance it would appear NBC News dithered allowing Washington Post to get the scoop. It is not comparing Donald Trump (as a person) to Saville. Post: http://tvforum.uk/thenewsroom/unaired-f ... pes-42077/
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
bilky asko

First of all; there remains no PROOF Savile did anything wrong. None. Just a lot of testimony, conviniently made after he died. But I do agree for that reason there's a media witch-hunt to try and topple Mr Trump, as there are many who are scared that he is standing up to them.

All Trump did was, as he said, "locker room banter." If bantering about women with the lads is an offence please execute me now.
Is talking about sexually assaulting women what you chat about down the pub?
robschneider

Thank God this isn't a pub, or Alexia would be invited to the car park for a little chit chat. 8-)

It's banter.
Alexia

You'd be barred. Also you'd be driven out screaming by my jukebox selections.
bilky asko

Is the sort of pub you go to Rob one with emergency shutters on the bar, plastic glasses, and no chairs?
dosxuk

bilky asko wrote:Is the sort of pub you go to Rob one with emergency shutters on the bar, plastic glasses, and no chairs?
And the bouncer on the door who doesn't actually work for the pub.
robschneider

No. It has craft ales, a dart board and a bandit.
WillPS

Sounds like the ideal environment for discussing grabbing women by their genitals.
Philip

lol at the last few posts on the BBC Parliament thread being removed but my post is still visible as the topic preview