TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Martin Phillp

rob wrote:The fuckwits have won, and Skygeek has left.

Nice going people... :x
Disgraceful, but this is what happens when ignorant idiots are allowed to continue to post. There's no denying Skygeek gets very frustrated over some of the pres observations made recently, but that's no reason for them to be so flippant as they were today.
TVF's London Lite.
PresIdents

all_night wrote:Exactly. My post in the spoiler was rude and I apologise but I hope he can see where I was coming from.
Utter prat.
all new Phil

Skygeek, whilst contributing a lot, did tend to act as the conversation police sometimes. The whole thing recently about Sarah Hewson was blown completely out of proportion after what was initially a completely innocent comment. I really hope he chooses to return, but at the same time I hope he accepts that people may wish to discuss things that he may not agree with or consider worthy of or appropriate for discussion.
Martin Phillp

all new Phil wrote:Skygeek, whilst contributing a lot, did tend to act as the conversation police sometimes. The whole thing recently about Sarah Hewson was blown completely out of proportion after what was initially a completely innocent comment. I really hope he chooses to return, but at the same time I hope he accepts that people may wish to discuss things that he may not agree with or consider worthy of or appropriate for discussion.
Some of the comments that he made about rotas, especially in the Loose Women thread were perfectly valid. There can be an unhealthy obsession with the rotas where certain people are obsessive about them. At least HarryBNF has calmed down in that aspect because of comments made that it was OTT in the past.

However, I agree that some of the pres talk which was perfectly acceptable was a bit too far from him. Being part of the Sky News inner circle can lose perception that there are people interested in every aspect of the next four weeks of rehearsals.
TVF's London Lite.
Steve in Pudsey

all new Phil wrote:I really hope he chooses to return, but at the same time I hope he accepts that people may wish to discuss things that he may not agree with or consider worthy of or appropriate for discussion.
I agree with this, but I think also taking a step back and remembering that it's not the "ask Skygeek" thread - he doesn't need to give a "no comment" response every time somebody posts some speculation. I hope he will feel able to return at some point.
dosxuk

all new Phil wrote:Skygeek, whilst contributing a lot, did tend to act as the conversation police sometimes. The whole thing recently about Sarah Hewson was blown completely out of proportion after what was initially a completely innocent comment. I really hope he chooses to return, but at the same time I hope he accepts that people may wish to discuss things that he may not agree with or consider worthy of or appropriate for discussion.
As I've probably just reignited the argument over there, I'd just like to say I never saw skygeek as the conversation police, just exasperated that a small number of people were drawing conclusions on things when they weren't in the possession of all (any?) of the facts.

It didn't appear to be the discussion that someone was pregnant that irritated him, but the conclusion that someone didn't get the right rota slot because she looked pregnant and therefore must be giving birth around the time of the rota changes.

I think "why do I need to see any footage [to know how its going to look]" should be put up there with "we've all heard enough from experts".
PresIdents

robschneider

Comparing Donald Trump to Jimmy Savile is something that could only happen on TVF.

First of all; there remains no PROOF Savile did anything wrong. None. Just a lot of testimony, conviniently made after he died. But I do agree for that reason there's a media witch-hunt to try and topple Mr Trump, as there are many who are scared that he is standing up to them.

All Trump did was, as he said, "locker room banter." If bantering about women with the lads is an offence please execute me now.
Alexia

robschneider wrote:please execute me now.
You're lucky I don't believe in capital punishment, twatknickers.
robschneider

Alexia wrote:
robschneider wrote:please execute me now.
You're lucky I don't believe in capital punishment, twatknickers.
That's what happens when you live in a frothy fluffy bunny world.

Fucking moron.
Alexia

I live in the real world.