TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Martin Phillp

Mike.Anderton is surely heading for a ban? A DS style TV licence post and now an off-topic thread about Cameron.
TVF's London Lite.
Jason

Looks like Jon's little outburst has been removed.

Good.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Martin Phillp

Pregnancygate on the Sky News Presenters & Rotas thread is becoming tiresome. Some think they're being 'told' what to say, but then don't have the common sense to understand why speculation over a colleague's private life is unacceptable.

If Skygeek leaves because of this nonsense and I fully understand his frustration with some of our more ignorant members, it'll be a big loss to the forum as most of us understand the unwritten rules of debating on the forum.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

People on the forum have different indicators for something being fucking boring. For some it's a protracted argument, for others it's the rendering of the numeral 2.

For me, it's the pregnancy status of someone I don't know being talked about.
dosxuk

The one single thing that annoys me most on that argument is the view being put forward by some that because you're on TV everything you do is in public view - you suddenly don't have the right to a private life if you present the news.

They also don't seem to be able to see the difference between a couple like brangelina who have distantly courted the press to advertise themselves and someone who just reads the news.

It does worry me how they seem to input they have a sufficiently closer relationship with these people that they feel entitled to know every detail about their lives, just based on a bit of autocue reading and the odd ad-lib down a camera lens. Especially when they get stop defensive if someone calls them out on it.
all new Phil

On the whole I agree with you, but this one has been blown completely out of proportion.
tillyoshea

In response to Skygeek's weird claim that Sky News doesn't speculate on pregnancies and would only report on the breakdown of 4 specifically listed relationships (!), I made what I thought was a relatively innocuous post listing some of the many Sky News articles out of line with that position.

Genuinely laughed out loud to find myself "officially warned" over it... The drama! Made my day that after 13 years, I've finally become a certified TVF troublemaker! How long do I get to keep my badge for?
robschneider

I'll remind everyone at this point that I was banned because I said Top Gear was "no place for a woman."

Personal bias clearly got in the way.
woah

robschneider wrote:I'll remind everyone at this point that I was banned because I said Top Gear was "no place for a woman."

Or perhaps it was your casual sexism. Yes, I think it was that.
DTV

woah wrote:
robschneider wrote:I'll remind everyone at this point that I was banned because I said Top Gear was "no place for a woman."

Or perhaps it was your casual sexism. Yes, I think it was that.
Given that comment I'd say overt rather than casual, but the point still stands.
rob

The fuckwits have won, and Skygeek has left.

Nice going people... :x
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am