TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

DTV

Right, while I don't necessarily have a problem with the moderators dictating what can and can't be discussed as it is there forum, although a major part of the BBC News set surely falls under presentation, why have my posts on the matter been removed - as far as I'm aware they didn't break any house rules - plus they finally answered the debate. Not only has any further discussion been halted, but the evidence that would have settled the debate has been removed. The 'dull and repetitive' argument doesn't work because there are plenty of uncensored 'dull and repetitive' discussions going on, particularly concerning ITV's pre-lunchtime programmes and News presenter rotas. Plus the 'now answered' part doesn't work as it has been unanswered by the deletion of my posts, leaving some surrounding posts such as BilkyAsko just randomly saying "I'd wager C".
WillPS

I wouldn't use the rules as a guide at all. I lost my account because of something I had absolutely nothing to do with. And once before that I was banned because I bought a domain name that was openly available. And no, it wasn't asahicksisafuckingberk.com.
Philip

I don't have anything to say about this specific case, but I am especially not a fan of the policy of deleting posts. Lock the thread, sure, but don't delete the posts as if you're just sweeping the argument under the carpet. It's the only forum I've been on that seems to do it.
Ant

Anyone else locked out of their TV Forum account? I changed some details on my profile and I haven't been able to log in since.

I've tried to reset my password but no email has come through.
Nick Harvey
God

Ant wrote:Anyone else locked out of their TV Forum account?
Yep, see above.
Ant

Nick Harvey wrote:
Ant wrote:Anyone else locked out of their TV Forum account?
Yep, see above.
Ah, rookie forum error on my part.

I still can't log in. Sent an email through the Contact Us section but not heard anything back as of yet.
Alexia

Must be a purge.
Nick Harvey
God

Alexia wrote:Must be a purge.
Why on earth would they *possibly* want to purge me?
Charlie Wells

The android login bug has finally been fixed as of last night. You may possibly need to clear your TVF cookies first.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Philip

Been logged out again just now, but this time it doesn't recognise my password. Haven't changed it since the new look so I don't know what's happened there.
Critique

I've been logged out a few times before since the update but I too am now locked out of my account - it's definitely not my password as it's autofilling as normal.