TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

WillPS

Pete wrote:
Philip wrote: I'm certain most people on TVF know the situation S4C has found itself in,
no i don't think that factors into their thinking at all. If their brains actually were capable of putting two and two together they'd realise that perhaps there is a reason why network BBC2 (which involves outsourcing to RedBee) are much more cautious in terms of retro pres than the in-house nations. I mean I don't know the ins and outs of internal BBC politics but I can hazard a guess.
I'm not sure if you're reading between the lines or something - the only person who seems to be in disbelief that Network wont follow NI's lead is that weirdo who keeps suggesting random stings should/are to be used in specific junctions. It's a well established fact that there are pres fans who have the power to do interesting things in the nations (particularly NI and Wales), and whether or not it's a matter of Network not having such fanatics, or "marketing"/"management" being closer, or the outsourcing element (and lets be honest it could be any of those conceivably) - it doesn't happen so much on network.

We all bloody know S4C can't afford to get Lambie-Nairn in any more, that doesn't mean they have to trot out something blander than even the first ITV1 idents from 2006.
Jason

It's kicking off in the GMB thread all over a job description....
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
wells

It was over someone making a post for the sake of it, rather than adding something meaningful to the discussion. Which is all that forum member seems to do.
Nick Harvey
God

Jason wrote:It's kicking off in the GMB thread all over a job description....
Now that does make it sound like you're talking about the union.
Jason

Nick Harvey wrote:
Jason wrote:It's kicking off in the GMB thread all over a job description....
Now that does make it sound like you're talking about the union.
"GMB - Your Say, Your Life" How's that sound for a union?! :D
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Jason

Is it me or is it the same questions being asked in the Good Morning Britain thread? It's getting too repetitive.

Every time i read that thread now, i get a headache.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Philip

Jason wrote:Is it me or is it the same questions being asked in the Good Morning Britain thread? It's getting too repetitive.

It's unfortunate because we have such good insiders for ITV Breakfast, and they post great information, but that thread is one of the worst threads on the entire forums. You have to sift through a lot of noise, but there's some good gems in there, such as this for example.
Jason

Philip wrote:
Jason wrote:Is it me or is it the same questions being asked in the Good Morning Britain thread? It's getting too repetitive.

It's unfortunate because we have such good insiders for ITV Breakfast, and they post great information, but that thread is one of the worst threads on the entire forums. You have to sift through a lot of noise, but there's some good gems in there, such as this for example.
PCarter and Henry whatever his name is are the worst offenders in that thread, constantly nagging and begging for more information. While it's good we have insiders it's ruined by people like those two asking insiders the same things day by day.
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Philip

Jason wrote:
Philip wrote:

PCarter and Henry whatever his name is are the worst offenders in that thread, constantly nagging and begging for more information. While it's good we have insiders it's ruined by people like those two asking insiders the same things day by day.
Definitely. It feels like PCarter is always online as well, as soon as you post something he has kudo-ed it.
dosxuk

Philip wrote:It feels like PCarter is always online as well, as soon as you post something he has kudo-ed it.
Especially if you're criticising him. I can't believe they're that totally oblivious...
Martin Phillp

The TVF thread about Good Morning Britain has given me zero enthusiasm for the revamp. Maybe it's down to the constant revamps since 2010, but those kids posting crap has eroded any interest in what should be the highlight of the year for anyone interested in tv presentation.

However, the discussion about London Live has been largely constructive, even if one member is way too over-enthusiastic about the US model of local tv, which differentiates what TVF does in comparison to DS.
TVF's London Lite.