TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Philip

Alexia wrote:
Philip wrote:He runs the YouTube MAD4DS right? That's actually quite a good YouTube channel, he somehow has clean copies of pretty much every EastEnders theme/titles
Given that there have only been 4 versions, that's easy for anyone with one of the Simon May CD collections. I myself have 3 of the 4.
Oh there's been more than that. There were two versions in 1991 for example, both different from the original 1985 version.

He also has video of the first and last editions that use the original tune, and the first edition that used the jazzy tune, which I haven't seen elsewhere.
Ant

A new look TV Forum is now in BETA.

http://neon.tvforum.co.uk
Pete

I think the most important thing is the appearance of the archive of The Lounge

http://neon.tvforum.co.uk/thelounge/
"He has to be larger than bacon"
dosxuk

This scares me...
Ben

Pete wrote:I think the most important thing is the appearance of the archive of The Lounge

http://neon.tvforum.co.uk/thelounge/
Agreed, but all those names that have long disappeared from the forum.
wells

I'm pretty sure the poster 'Ben' has been around recently. ;)
Nick Harvey
God

But STILL with the thread subtitle appearing on the wrong line.

My my, how sad, what a pity. Attention to detail zero out of a hundred.
Andrew Wood

My understanding of a subtitle is that it goes beneath a title - which in this case it obviously does. I would agree the placing of the forum title on the second line is debatable.
Philip

I use that link a lot, and it's better having it in the same place rather than it jumping around because of the different length of topic subtitles, if you had it after the topic subtitle.

Neon needs work IMO. Feels too much like the forum is trying to go even more mainstream and less pres-centric. But, it is a step in the right direction and I'm looking forward to the finished product. I'm hopeful, is what I'm trying to say.
Critique

Nick Harvey wrote:But STILL with the thread subtitle appearing on the wrong line.

My my, how sad, what a pity. Attention to detail zero out of a hundred.
Asa may have just hinted that having the forum the thread is in in the second line may become no more.
bilky asko

I hate it. I hate it more than Facebook's many revisions. I bloody hate it. It's unintuitive, it's poorly delineated, it's still not wide enough, the preview of the latest post is stupid, I can't tell which threads have new posts, the pagination buttons are too big, and it's too plain.

I'll probably get used to it, though.