TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Philip

Alexia wrote:
Philip wrote:the majority of posts are about actual TV shows
I thought the majority of posts were about newsreader rotas.
I'm talking here about the TV Home Forum. The Newsroom is a different beast. ;)
WillPS

What does it generally take to get somebody banned off TVF? tellybox doesn't seem to contribute anything of any consequence.
Critique

I'm waiting for there to be a post from ginodog, tellboxMINUS or SatBronze that reads along the lines of:

Hello, I'm [INSERT NITWITS NAME]'s dad,

For you information, my child is very intelligent, just like his father! Ho-ho. And, I think it is very rude and disrespectful to treat my son in this manner. Now, you may be a cocky, arrogant young society, but be warned, I will inform the police if this continues. This is Cyberbullying.

My child has a girlfriend,

The father of Jamez, sorry, ginosatMINUS
lukey

Gavin Scott wrote:
lukey wrote:There's something about his liberal use of !'s which my head interprets as an attempt at whimsy, but instead is just condescending and a bit twatty!

See. That was twatty too. It is difficult to exclaim with dignity.
Plymouth?
Plymouth.
dosxuk

rob wrote:I love it... :lol: Tellytwat telling Gavin what to do...
gavin please bring something positive to the forum
Quite timelyly, with all the complaints from the younger members that the Forum isn't as friendlyas it used to be, "MrTamborineMan" has posted a link to this thread from 2005.

Anyone fancy a guess as to which person finished the thread, and in what manner? :lol:

So very different to today
Nick Harvey
God

I used to get PMs from Katherine's dad telling me not to be so cruel to her.

I never seemed to take any notice of him.
Chris

I've also noticed how quick people (especially the 'newer' members) are to jump on one another for various reasons, including not posting on a generic thread for something that might be worthy of merit, and not buried deep in page 54041582102 of the generic thread.

I don't post to TVF much anymore, just on the odd occasion, but I hardly ever visit these days. For those that dip in and out, having to browse through another 20 or so pages of crap puts me off.

Maybe as an oldie, I find that back in the day it was a lot more friendlier, people had character, and so did the idents. The forum was active, new topics were always being started, rather than being lumped into one thread. That said, such generic threads DO have their place for certain topics, such as the newsreader rotas one - I daren't venture in for fear of dying of boredom.

But it all feels rather bland now, much like that musical wallpaper you hear coming out of the radio tuned to Heart at the dentist's surgery.
Ronnie Rowlands

Hasn't TVF been going to the dogs and at its lowest ebb since about 2005? You seem surprised at its quality year on year.
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Pete

Ronnie Rowlands wrote:Hasn't TVF been going to the dogs and at its lowest ebb since about 2005? You seem surprised at its quality year on year.
Oh well of course, it's well quoted that it's hayday was in 1924. However I think the utter level of drivvel on the forum has dragged it far below any level that was previously been.

Usually when I've said its not as good it just is in a lull and improved again. At the moment we're in a trough that has been building for the last 18 months and I actually cannot bear visiting the place aside from about two threads.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Nick Harvey
God

It is worrying that it's so bad during the school term.

Heaven help us when we get to the (presumably horribly extended) Easter, Royal Wedding, May Day school holiday.
Alexia

Nick Harvey wrote:It is worrying that it's so bad during the school term.

Heaven help us when we get to the (presumably horribly extended) Easter, Royal Wedding, May Day school holiday.
Given that Easter school holiday is only (usually) 2 weeks anyway - in my day it consisted of the weeks either side of Easter Sunday - it is only extended in the sense that they get one extra Monday off on Mayday. The Royal Bash is Good Friday week.

Unlike civil/public servants, schoolchildren don't get days off in lieu ;)