TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

woah

*ignore*
woah

Is Sinclair still lurking around? (note the 3 hour time difference)
bilky asko

Alexia wrote:Just in case the three wise monkeys in charge of TVF take offense at my riposte to Tumbly Wumbly and delete it and me, I'll reproduce it here for posterity:
Tumble Tower at the other place wrote:What a pointless waste of time wanting ITV1+1. When I was a kid you didn't have Westward + 1, Southern + 1, HTV + 1, ATV + 1, Grampian + 1 etc, so why bother having ITV1 + 1 now? If Coronation Street happens to be on ITV1 at the same time as EastEnders on BBC1, then tough luck, get a video recorder of some sort (DVD/HDD recorder, Freeview+, Sky+ etc) and record Coronation Street so you can watch it after EastEnders.
When you were a kid? YOU'RE STILL A KID!

Regardless of that, there's a reason you didn't have all those +1 channels - because affordable technology to facilitate and deliver them hadn't been invented yet.

The only problem I have with +1 channels is when they are on limited capacity platforms such as Freeview, taking up a MUX spot that could be used by another channel.

On Virgin/Sky etc; they are a very useful alternative to programming a HDD recorder (many of which are still prohibitively expensive and overly complicated for some people). I'm sure you've been running late once coming back from one of your "adult kid" get-togethers, missed your favourite programme, and been grateful that said channel has a +1 to cater for it (although Cbeebies+1 hasn't launched yet; perchance this is the source of your bitterness?)

And frankly, shouting "tough luck" at people because they choose not to get the latest and greatest in televisual gadgetry stinks of high-handedness and bigotry in the first order, and you should be ashamed of yourself, you pathetic little man.

OK maybe I was a little too OTT on the last bit, but I couldn't resist.... this idiot has been tolerated on the board for too long. If TVF was a society he would be locked under the stairs and fed with sliced cheese.
Tumble Tower really is a Twat+1.
Steve in Pudsey

Is it just me or has the other place fallen off air?
Beep

No, check downforeveryoneorjustme.com
Pete

Beep wrote:No, check downforeveryoneorjustme.com
It's not just you! http://tvforum.co.uk looks down from here.

Check another site?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Beep

Pete wrote:

Check another site?
I was responding to the above post "Is it just me" "No, it isn't"
Pete

Beep wrote:
Pete wrote:

Check another site?
I was responding to the above post "Is it just me" "No, it isn't"
Ah fair enough.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Bail

- TV highlight of the weeeeeeek -

Also Alexia, I find Tumble as tedious as everyone else, but we're just like fox news, fair and balanced and thus he remains.
Alexia

Bail wrote:Also Alexia, I find Tumble as tedious as everyone else, but we're just like fox news, fair and balanced and thus he remains.
If you bother to read my post, you'll find I didn't ask for his removal; rather the point of duplicating it here was in case your "fair and balanced" approach which allows people like him, Ginofish and SatGold to prosper led to me being banned/suspended for daring to take him to task and for using a couple of personal insults.
Bail

Alexia wrote:
Bail wrote:Also Alexia, I find Tumble as tedious as everyone else, but we're just like fox news, fair and balanced and thus he remains.
If you bother to read my post, you'll find I didn't ask for his removal; rather the point of duplicating it here was in case your "fair and balanced" approach which allows people like him, Ginofish and SatGold to prosper led to me being banned/suspended for daring to take him to task and for using a couple of personal insults.
Don't bite, I was agreeing with you!