How do you have yours

rts

Cuppa tea?

It's dawned on me I'm a fussy git when it comes to tea. "Milk no sugar" just isn't enough. Personally a like my tea fairly strong. A tiny dripple of milk, and crucially, before the tea is poured.

And if you were so kind as to have me over for dinner as well as afternoon tea, I'll have my steak medium rare please.

What sort of things do you have to have just right, or risk renderring it useless.
Gluben

I have mine in a mug. Because I'm simple like that.

I also don't take sugar or sweeteners, and I tend to go for semi-skimmed milk, but skimmed is also fine. Generally, it has to have just enough milk before it turns to white and just becomes a mug of milk.
nidave

A friend of ours is American and no matter how many times we give him the recepie for Tea he never manages something that tastes sumalar but not quite like tea.

he can manage it when we are watching over him... but not on his own!
cwathen

Strictly a coffee drinker myself. Black with one sugar. But the one sugar must be slightly more than level, but less than heaped. Too much or too little sugar makes it taste repulsive.
Dr Lobster*

i can't understand how anybody can drink skimmed milk. me and my gf actually have a seperate milk because of this (along with a seperate marge and butter, but thats another story). she claims that skimmed is 'too rich', yet, to me she might as well put water on her cornflakes.

it's horrible stuff, not quite as bad as the weird milk you get in cartons that you can store at room temperature (uht?) but it isn't far off.
rts

bee bee see wrote:I have mine in a mug. Because I'm simple like that.

I also don't take sugar or sweeteners, and I tend to go for semi-skimmed milk, but skimmed is also fine. Generally, it has to have just enough milk before it turns to white and just becomes a mug of milk.
"Do you want some tea with your milk?"
cwathen wrote:Strictly a coffee drinker myself. Black with one sugar. But the one sugar must be slightly more than level, but less than heaped. Too much or too little sugar makes it taste repulsive.
I met up with a friend in one of London's many Starbucks recently for a quick catch-up during my lunch break. I ordered my usual Mocha (not really a coffee fan), but she went for a Soya latte. Not really being a fan of soya milk either, I was slightly repullssed. Despite initially saying I would rather stick my head in a bucket of warm shit, I did relent and have a sip and I hate to admit it wasn't half bad at all. I would even consider buying one myself. Seriously, try it!
Lorns

You can't beat tea brewed in a teapot and served in big bone china cups. Milk first and no sugar.

That doesn't happen often so it's a pg tips tea bag in a mug, left to brew for a minute, squeeze the teabag then add a little milk ( usually semi skimmed, but full fat is nice).

We also have 2 different types of milk, semi skimmed for me and all the fat pasturised for him. I Can't abide skimmed milk.

I only drink cofffee at work white no sugar, but i must have coffee mate instead of milk or cream.

When we have chips i must have a dollop of tomato sauce on the side of the dish so i can dunk the chips in the sauce, my bloke has to smother the chips in the sauce. We can't share a plate of chips, which is good.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Gavin Scott
Admin

I'm afraid I have no time to be fussing over particular preferences for cups of tea. If they don't like the way I make it then they can do it themself.

I have one cup of coffee a day, first thing in the morning and have it with "two and coo".
johnnyboy

Two teabags and a good serving of sugar.

Leave it for two minutes.

Stew by pressing the teabags vigorously against the side of the cup.

Add milk.

That's a proper cup of tea. A builder's quality tea.
chinajan

johnnyboy wrote:Two teabags and a good serving of sugar.

Leave it for two minutes.

Stew by pressing the teabags vigorously against the side of the cup.

Add milk.

That's a proper cup of tea. A builder's quality tea.
Yerse. Fortunately you do mix a good voddie and coke.