Independent Candidate
No votes
Other
No votes
Will not vote (by choice)
16%

Total votes: 37
GNiel

How is everybody voting in their local elections on Thursday (if in England)?

The national trend here seems to be Conservative, but much can change for councils.
Jamez
Banned

I don't think "everyone" is voting next week. I've yet to receive my voting card, but that could be because I'm Welsh.
Fireboy

No vote up here. Most likely it'll be another loss for Labour next door in Gateshead - Lib Dems up, Labour Down, Tories no change (i.e. 0 seats).

Here in Derwentside I expect the next elections (next year aren't they?) to see a gain for Independents and a drop in Labour votes. No tories again, and the Lib Dems only have 1 seat here.
Nick Harvey
God

Got to be the BNP, hasn't it?

None of the others are far enough right any more.

I'm not saying I agree with all of their policies, but I agree with more of theirs than I do with any of the other party's now.
cat

You're an idiot, Nick.

No, I don't need/want to explain myself any further.

You're just a dick.
James Martin

Conservative.
Gavin Scott
Admin

How can intelligent people think that a vote for the BNP is anything less than a racial hate vote? What is this nonsense suggesting that *some* of what these bigots say is acceptable?

I'm both shocked and appalled.
Pete

nodnirG kraM wrote:http://www.bnp.org.uk/policies/policies.htm

I call that sense not racism.
yes but what about the candidates?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Gavin Scott
Admin

nodnirG kraM wrote:http://www.bnp.org.uk/policies/policies.htm

I call that sense not racism.
Quote whatever you like, but the BNP have a fundamental motivation that they cannot disguise with "help our children" slogans.

If perhaps these people set up a different party then I might be inclined to take a look, but by casting a vote for the BNP you are giving tacit approval to the thugs who beat coloured people under their banner.

It makes me sick that anyone would.
all new Phil

Playing devil's advocate a little bit here, seeing as I'm not a BNP supporter, but could anyone explain to me why exactly the BNP are always dismissed as racist and fascist? From reading the link above, I'd conclude that their policies are very logical, well thought out, and very much in tune with what a lot of people think. An end to "human rights" of criminals, proper treatment of pensioners, promotion of british manufacturing... all sounds like common sense to me? What am I missing?
Gavin Scott
Admin

all new Phil wrote:What am I missing?
On current demographic trends, we, the native British people, will be an ethnic minority in our own country within sixty years.
Bollocks. Sheer and utter fear-inducing bollocks. Short of the millions upon millions of white people failing to breed this is simply lies.

And what the fuck is a "British person"? They mean white, and don't forget it.
To ensure that this does not happen, and that the British people retain their homeland and identity, we call for an immediate halt to all further immigration, the immediate deportation of criminal and illegal immigrants, and the introduction of a system of voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin assisted by a generous financial incentives both for individuals and for the countries in question.
They want to bung the asian family who live in your street 10 grand to "fuck off back to where [they] come from".
We will also clamp down on the flood of 'asylum seekers', all of whom are either bogus or can find refuge much nearer their home countries.
There is no doubt that the asylum system is being abused, but they want the UK to stop helping those who genuinley need help?

I'm sorry, but which part of this ARE you missing?