Is Metropol split?

iSon

Well you know , naming no names just browsing round the forum after a few beers and a couple of Rusty Nails tonight.

I can't help but notice there are people who REALLY hate Jamez, and those who REALLY like Jamez. No in between - but I realise that only those who feel vocal one way or the other are going to comment, but still it's rather astonishing.

Are we really that split over the issue, or is there something else?

By the way, I was Dusty Jacket, Bones AND Sideshow Ed.

Think about it.
Good Lord!
andyrew

I'm inbetween (and drunk after a leaving do) if he shows me his cock i'll love him forever, if he doesn't.... the c*nt
tvmercia

Isonstine wrote:Well you know , naming no names just browsing round the forum after a few beers and a couple of Rusty Nails tonight.

I can't help but notice there are people who REALLY hate Jamez, and those who REALLY like Jamez. No in between - but I realise that only those who feel vocal one way or the other are going to comment, but still it's rather astonishing.

Think about it.
i do not hate james, i just think he is unsuitable to be a moderator. nice bloke, but a cross between katherine and charlie wells when it comes to moderating i'm afraid.

i think having a band of acolytes follow him around the forum no doubt of their own accord, probably not initiated by jamez) only serves to make the parody of jamez created by dusy/sse become ever more true.
chinajan

Isonstine wrote:Well you know , naming no names just browsing round the forum after a few beers and a couple of Rusty Nails tonight.

Think about it.
No really? And there was me thinking I had been Sideshow Ed in my sleep.

I neither hate nor really like Jamez, nor anyone else here I haven't met personally. I like to read his posts, which is about as much as one can say isn't it?

I dislike heavy handed moderation though. I said here years ago that I think fora police themselves, largely.
Lee

I couldn't really care less who moderates what in this place. Posts about faulty floppy disks and how ugly the Morrisons logo is are hardly the type of threads that will end in tears, unless it is a particularly camp thread. Whoever is chosen to moderate it and however they moderate it doesn't bother me - but I've hardly been a great contributer to this place.

In my opinion, the only reason this place is turning into a love/hate Jamez forum is because the people who hate him keep making comments about him after most of his posts, which provokes more posts about Jamez and maybe even forces some people into having a love or hate opinion. I can see Jamez has tried to be a normal member, and make normal posts (the definition of "normal" in this place is open to debate) but it is now pretty much impossible for him to make a post here without some comment about the past coming up. I don't know, Jamez probably deserves all the crap he gets. The point is, the people making those comments are making this place a misery for everyone else.

I don't like or hate Jamez, I don't know him, I don't know many people here or over there. I know what he has said or accused people of, we all know. We've all heard it over and over and over. Every time I see the same old fight going on, I just close the window. There is a line that shouldn't be crossed, there are things that should not be said on a public forum, but you should also remember that complaining about the behaviour of a Metropol member is like going to a scrap yard and complaining about the mess.

It's about time some action was taken, it wont sort itself out - it's either Jamez or the people making the comments about him. Ban one or the other, or ban them both and bring peace (or the kind of acceptable bitching I'm use to) back to the real members of Metropol.

Those are my thoughts on the whole Jamez subject, and lets hope I never have to write paragraphs as big as that ever again. So yea, like I say, I don't care. *Takes another swig of sherry*
Dr Lobster*

i don't hate jamez, thinking about it, i don't think i actually hate anybody. in the past i’ve always liked his mocks and posts, but the last few months have highlighted a particularly unpleasant part of his character which it would appear an increasing number of people here take a dislike to.

i think many find his behaviour frustrating, inconsistent and inappropriate. he has previously said that he has always been an advocate of free speech and has readily attacked moderators when they have suppressed it. yet continues to behave in an astonishingly hypocritical way censoring anything he doesn’t like.

i believe the specific issue which has irked many people on this forum is that the appointment of jamez as a moderator was significant misjudgement. there is no longer any question of that and jamez's behaviour on the forum re-enforces this.

calling people trolls, telling people to fuck off and locking threads without any justification is not acceptable (and goes against what this very place is about) and i think the most honourable thing jamez could do right now is step down as moderator and continue posting as a regular user and for once in his life behave like a man and not a childish brat who lashes out aggressivly whenever somebody says something he doesn’t like.

what message does it give to new users where if he thinks their username is not a “clear alias” they are attacked in an unintelligent way?

i have always thought the moment you have to resort to swearing and abusive behaviour instead of reasoned articulate postings you have lost the argument and jamez lost the argument before it even began.
marksi

We don't always have to talk about Jamez you know. We could talk about Jenny. She doesn't like me. Otherwise, I get on with everyone. :D
Sput

Jamez will not be stepping down in any way, shape or form because he is a FIGHTER and not a QUITTER.
Knight knight
Finn

I neither love nor hate Jamez (like Dr Lobster, I don't think I hate anyone). I've never met the guy. I probably never will.

I respect the fact he wants to contribute to this forum, trying to add a bit of passion and spark to the place (as do other posters). I do, however, take serious issue with the tone and content of some of what he says, which can at times step over the line of what is commonly held to be acceptable behaviour.

I was surprised to see him be made moderator, especially as I perceive this (wrongly or rightly) to be some sort of response to him deleting/threatening to delete his account here. I think he has made errors of judgement in the way he has taken on the role and hope that if he continues he will learn to mellow his ways (in terms of moderation) and become a more facilitating moderator who helps this place thrive.
Square Eyes

This place didn't even need another moderator anyway and certainly not one that likes it to be noticed.

Gavin is the best at this, although he has this moderator status, he just blends in with the rest of the community.
Sput

It's a thread worthy of a poll! OFSPUT's statistics department has been dusted off and gives this prediction based once again on the gas bill statistical method.

Knight knight