Which Mobile?

Pete

and a marvellous link it was too.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Cheese Head
Banned

http://www.nokia.com.au/nokia/0,,71464,00.html

I dont know why i like that one but i do. its shiny. there you go.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Dr Lobster*

never been a great fan of nokia phones. from a design and technology point of view most of them are at least couple of years behind samsung and sony. the cameras which come bundled are very poor.

to be honest, i'm getting more and more fed up of my mobile - i get continually pissed off at being disturbed wherever i am.

i am seriously considering throwing my phone away after the contract has expired and not even having a pay&go phone. i really hate them now.
Gavin Scott
Admin

I'm with Nick on the Nokia thing.

It is easily the most intuative menu system, and it is consistent from handset to handset. I currently have a 3310 and a 6230.

I bought a Sony Ericsson and it was the lousiest piece of shit I ever owned. It took an age to write a text message, and the joystick broke.
Johnny

Hmm... Interesting information here especially about the dodgy joysticks for SE phones. I have had Nokia's since 1999. The main reason I was going to change because I was dissapointed with the Nokia 6101.

I'm really after a "walkman phone" with a decent camera on it.

This is Nokia's offering to SE' W800
http://europe.nokia.com/press/public/gl ... lowres.jpg

However they have delayed release until next year, that's not normally a good sign :(
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Pete

my old sagem my-x6 on orange payg is doing my head in. for a start it's hassle topping it up and then buying a text extra (400 a month for £12).

The phone itself - although fab at the time, is now irritating me with it's small buttons and it's crashing and sluggish performance when I dare keep more than a dozen messages.

Any suggestions for a good contract with a nice phone, cheapness and bias towards texting rather than talking?

(Don't suggest T-Mobile or o2 as they barely work up here, 3 doesnt do 3g either).
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Gavin Scott
Admin

Johnny wrote:I'm really after a "walkman phone" with a decent camera on it.
The Nokia 6230 (available now) comes with white stereo headphones and will play MP3s quite happily. The phone takes a little memory card. It comes bundled with a 32MB card to get you started, but you could buy a 1GB card for very little money.

Sound quality is fantastic, but best of all, the music will stop when your phone rings.

Woo, and indeed, hoo.
Bail

Johnny wrote:Hmm... Interesting information here especially about the dodgy joysticks for SE phones. I have had Nokia's since 1999. The main reason I was going to change because I was dissapointed with the Nokia 6101.

I'm really after a "walkman phone" with a decent camera on it.

This is Nokia's offering to SE' W800
http://europe.nokia.com/press/public/gl ... lowres.jpg

However they have delayed release until next year, that's not normally a good sign :(
After getting my Sony Ericson today I can highly recomend it, fab camera, fab mp3 playing abilitys, fab in general.
marksi

I got a Sony Ericsson late last year and returned it because the battery life was crap. Although I'm sure I'd have got used to taking 10 minutes to write a text message on it I decided I'd rather not, and got a Nokia instead. I'm going to change service providers when my contract is up shortly, and while I don't know which phone I will get, it will be a Nokia.
squawkBOX

I just got a Nokia N70 recently.

Its really the next step up from the 6630 and 6680 phones. A great Symbian Series 60 phone with lots of different features.

I suppose size wise it might not suit everyone due to phones becoming really small now, but for a 3G phone - it is very good.

cat

I switched from a Nokia something to a Motorola V3 quite recently.

I really hated the weight of the Nokia - even though it was pretty tiny - so the lovely looking V3 RAZR was perfect. Then I wrote a text message on it.

As Gavin says about the Sony's, Motorola's take about a week to write texts on. It's horrible. I'm seriously considering putting my SIM back in the Nokia, or just buying a newer one.

I had a Samsung a couple of years ago and that was pretty good, and was actually quicker and sharper than the Nokia. Whatever you do, don't go for SE or Motorola... style above substance by a long way.