dvd question

benriggers

im hoping to buy the raccoons dvd soon and i have got dvd region x. but i was wondering. do i need a ntsc comptiable tv? cause on amazon it says that i do but some of the customer reviews it says that you don't need it.
please help!
Dr Lobster*

It might be because some DVD players convert NTSC disc output to PAL automatically?

Can you not wait until the said DVD is available for a PAL region?
Neil Jones

benr wrote:im hoping to buy the raccoons dvd soon and i have got dvd region x. but i was wondering. do i need a ntsc comptiable tv? cause on amazon it says that i do but some of the customer reviews it says that you don't need it.
please help!
This just basically means you need a TV with a tolerate enough tube/chipset inside to be able to cope with an NTSC signal due to its incompatibility with PAL signals.

Most TVs made in the last ten years or so can cope to varying degrees. Older ones will usually just display a black and white picture. Others will display nothing.

Due to the different picture formats and how good/crap your DVD player/TV is, you may observe jerkier motion on the picture during playback, especially during camera pans.
Cheese Head
Banned

I find that its the cheaper DVD players that play anything you throw at it.

if not you can make them by "hacking" (what a gay term) them. it worked with mine... hoho
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
benriggers

Dr Lobster* wrote:It might be because some DVD players convert NTSC disc output to PAL automatically?

Can you not wait until the said DVD is available for a PAL region?
dr lobster i doubt the dvd will come out for a PAL region!
Pete

I'm surprised they have released that crap on DVD anywhere
"He has to be larger than bacon"
russnet

Hymagumba wrote:I'm surprised they have released that crap on DVD anywhere
Careful what you say about the Racoons or they might get Cyril Sneer onto you! :lol: