Clocks Back Tonight

Lorns

Why don't we just put them back 1/2 hour and just leave it at that.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Pete

nodnirG kraM wrote:
Hymagumba wrote:it's horrible being dark at 5. I hate it.

Why can't we put them forward in the winter.
Cos it wouldn't get light till 8.30.
I don't leave the house until 8.20. Anyhow you work all day and come home when it's dark. Wouldn't it be nicer to come home to a light evening when you are actually spening time in your house.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
cwathen

Cos it wouldn't get light till 8.30.
Although it would never be that late where I live, would that be such a big deal? How would the average person's day be enhanced by having light at 7:30 instead of 8:30? At that time of the morning, most people are either in bed, on their way to work, or at work. I personally now have to commute to college 50 miles away, and it's a matter of total irrelevance to me whether I drive up in darkness or in light. In contrast, surely most people would have greater use for an extra hour of light at the end of the day, at which time most people are up and about and in their home - I know I would.
Cheese Head
Banned

Erm, I posted something here that was meant to be a topic not a reply. It was too early in the morning hoho!
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
marksi

cwathen wrote:surely most people would have greater use for an extra hour of light at the end of the day, at which time most people are up and about and in their home - I know I would.
Not much point in having daylight when "most people are up and about and in their home" (unless you don't have electricity), much more useful to have daylight when people (and in particular kids) are travelling. And that's what it comes down to - getting the majority of kids to and from school in daylight.
Jamez
Banned

One year about 25 years ago (3 years before my time), they didn't put the clocks foward, and so during the summer months, it started to get light at 2.30am, and was complete daylight by 3.30am! :D
User Removed
Pete

marksi wrote:
cwathen wrote:surely most people would have greater use for an extra hour of light at the end of the day, at which time most people are up and about and in their home - I know I would.
Not much point in having daylight when "most people are up and about and in their home" (unless you don't have electricity), much more useful to have daylight when people (and in particular kids) are travelling. And that's what it comes down to - getting the majority of kids to and from school in daylight.
it's psycological though. It's nicer to have real light in the evenings than artificial lighting. Anyhow when you are travelling you have lights on your car.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Not The Chef
Banned

Gavin Scott
Admin

When does the change happen? I'm in a stage show which starts at midnight tonight and tomorrow. I'd better not be late.
Charlie Wells

The clocks change Saturday night / Sunday morning, I think it's at 2am BST that it reverts to 1am GMT.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Lorns

God! I hate clocks. Why can't we just put them back half an hour and leave it that! I don't have 1 clock in my house that tells the right time. I'm late for everything, but at least i'm consistant. I hate being dictated to by time.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?