FAO: The so-called moderating team

Gavin Scott
Admin

Jamez wrote:Why do the moderators continually allow the same person behind Dusty Jacket, Bones & Sideshow Ed to have free reign over the forums, and insult just about everyone in the process.
Well believe it or not:

I DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS.

I was having a certain amount of fun in the discussion where I suggested I should name the user in question. I thought it might shake some leaves from the trees but it served nothing more than to pique the interest of the rest of you. Once you all started asking I thought it best to carry on the charade.

So, my big fat lie has come back to catch me. You'd think I would have learned someting from the hours of Judge Judy I watch.

As for us "continuing to allow" the matter: neither Mark nor I have any power to ban Metropol members. It is a reserved matter for the Administrator of the site. The approval of new members, similarly, is something Martin gives his personal attention to.

For what it's worth (as I have intimated in the past), the metropol users known as Dusty, Ed and Bones consistently post(ed) from different IP address ranges, as well as all being registered under distinctly dissimilar email addresses.

Now I'm not saying they *aren't* the same person - it's pretty obvious they are; but I thought I should make it clear there is no obvious flag for the moderators or Martin to know in advance of messages being posted here that a re-occurrence is taking place.

I can't speak for the other two at Metropol Towers, but I give you my word that I have had no hand in this.

James, I'm troubled that you feel let down by me as moderator. As a particularly verbose person in life I loathe having to stop or lock discussions, whether on-topic or not. I have always preferred to let sparks fly in discussions. I haven't stepped in because A) you haven't ever asked me to, and B) you have always been masterful at ripping apart mere internet opponents. I accept that it is much more tricky when he knows more about you than you he.

Come to think of it, some of the most blistering "original" Lounge thread-fights were by you and I. We didn't always see eye to eye for sure, and I think that's probably an understatement. I look forward to our inevitable meeting where we can laugh about it all over several drinks.
Jamez
Banned

I just don't see why some mystery person is logging onto this forum under at least three pseudo names, and directly attacking me, for one particular audio mock which was produced nearly four years ago!

I do not regret for one millionth of a second for creating any of the mocks, pisstakes or flame wars over the past few years. It's part of my personality, and I'm sure Matt can vouch for the fact, I'm exactly the same in person as I am online.

You don't like me? Fine. I don't give a toss whether someone likes me or not.

Like me? Great, as long as you always realise exactly where I'm coming from when I make mocks or statements.
User Removed
James H

nodnirG kraM wrote:
Nick Harvey wrote:I can't see it being Max (hey son, put this in your mouth), it's rather too literate for that ignorant little idiot.
Same thoughts here; when I first read the oral-sex and father comment I thought it could only have been him. Having thought further I don't think he'd be mentally capable of any such task.

Seems with tonight's postings we've rubbed the sensitive nerve again though.
Like I said, could be Daddy Max.
Cheese Head
Banned

Sput wrote:http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sa ... amez&meta=

You're not at all hard to find either, based on just your faceparty username and real name you're the first result in google and it's here!
omg that brings up all sorts of weird shit (minus the Jamez)

SSI Dive Leader Recognition
James Prout Australia, Frank Rider Australia, Stephen Riordan USA. Lorraine Sadler
USA, Len Salter Australia, Jaime Perez Sanchiz Spain. Chris Scott ...
http://www.divessi.com/recognition/recog_listings.cfm - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

haha theres a jamez in australia.

Imagine that folks, theres a james prout near you.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
James H

Cheese Head wrote:
Sput wrote:http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sa ... amez&meta=

You're not at all hard to find either, based on just your faceparty username and real name you're the first result in google and it's here!
omg that brings up all sorts of weird shit (minus the Jamez)

SSI Dive Leader Recognition
James Prout Australia, Frank Rider Australia, Stephen Riordan USA. Lorraine Sadler

USA, Len Salter Australia, Jaime Perez Sanchiz Spain. Chris Scott ...
http://www.divessi.com/recognition/recog_listings.cfm - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

haha theres a jamez in australia.

Imagine that folks, theres a james prout near you.
He's actually deleted his post, but any idiot can hit cached.

Please copy and paste this into your post, and answer the questions truthfully! (We'll know if lies are being told!) Please don't avoid any of the questions!

Jamez

**edited out, I'm feeling nice**

Not much personal information there really, nothing one wouldn't want aired.
Anonymous

Let us look at what has been said here.

If Jamez attacks somebody it's 'tounge in cheek' and part of his personality.

If somebody attacks Jamez whom he can't call a fat virgin or one of his other insults that person is having 'free reign over the forums'.

I'm sorry needle teeth, but when you ridicule other people you must one day expect them to ridicule you in return.

With the extensive posts you have written on this subject you clearly can't take what you give.

And you say you always create your posts under 1 username? I assume you're forgetting the comments you've made about HIV/AIDS and gays then?

You're a feeble man, Mr Trout. No wonder you have to take out your insecurities on other people.

I feel sorry for you and your mum.
Sput

Sideshow Ed 2 wrote:If Jamez attacks somebody it's 'tounge in cheek' and part of his personality.

If somebody attacks Jamez whom he can't call a fat virgin or one of his other insults that person is having 'free reign over the forums'.
Your argument is flawed. Jamez at least doesn't go suddenly go on posting sprees in EVERY THREAD to attack someone, á la you, in a short space of time.
Knight knight
James H

Sideshow Ed 2 wrote:Let us look at what has been said here.

If Jamez attacks somebody it's 'tounge in cheek' and part of his personality.

I'm sorry needle teeth, but when you ridicule other people you must one day expect them to ridicule you in return.

With the extensive posts you have written on this subject you clearly can't take what you give.

And you say you always create your posts under 1 username? I assume you're forgetting the comments you've made about HIV/AIDS and gays then?

You're a feeble man, Mr Trout. No wonder you have to take out your insecurities on other people.

I feel sorry for you and your mum.
I agree with your point that James should give as good as he gets. But what are you asking for from him? An apology? Banning? An arrest?

EDIT: Should say "get what he gives"
Anonymous

Sput wrote:
Sideshow Ed 2 wrote:If Jamez attacks somebody it's 'tounge in cheek' and part of his personality.

Your argument is flawed. Jamez at least doesn't go suddenly go on posting sprees in EVERY THREAD to attack someone, á la you, in a short space of time.
I can't see how. Trout always targets the same few people - where is the difference?
Sput

Sideshow Ed 2 wrote:
Sput wrote:

I can't see how. Trout always targets the same few people - where is the difference?
I'll give you that, but the difference is that his attacks (when they're made) tend to come about in response to something that happened in that thread and in part they're balanced by the fact that the rest of the posts aren't like that. You, on the other hand, are on an all-out tirade against the one fella, taking 99% of his posts as a cue to attack.
Knight knight
James H

Jamez wrote:
Sideshow Ed 2 wrote:
All that aside, "Daddy" (it's satire, darling) I am only doing to you, what you once did to me.

You have never taken into consideration how others feel when creating your mocks - it's not that fun to be on the other end of it, is it?

That narrows it down to:

Max
Simon Luxton
Martin Anderson (although SSE can spell)
CraigF
Jaron Brass
Ben Shatliff
Itsrobot
Ison
Someone at your old school/college/uni?