Yet another Morrisons thread

Alexia

Philip wrote:The till thing - is that the same as Aldi where the staff seem to have been trained to scan your items at the fastest speed possible so you don't have enough time to bag them? And instead you have to just put them in your trolley and wait until the end to use the counters at the side to bag them yourself.
Because the till staff are the arbiters final of how much time you spend there, aren't they? FFS dude, man up. It's YOUR time, they're getting PAID to sit there and scowl at you. If you want to pack your bags, pack them, put them in the trolley and THEN pay. It's not rocket science.
gottago

Alexia wrote:
Philip wrote:The till thing - is that the same as Aldi where the staff seem to have been trained to scan your items at the fastest speed possible so you don't have enough time to bag them? And instead you have to just put them in your trolley and wait until the end to use the counters at the side to bag them yourself.
Because the till staff are the arbiters final of how much time you spend there, aren't they? FFS dude, man up. It's YOUR time, they're getting PAID to sit there and scowl at you. If you want to pack your bags, pack them, put them in the trolley and THEN pay. It's not rocket science.
I've been told off in Aldi for trying to pack my bags at the till rather than the worktops. The system is done that way to get through as many customers in the quickest time possible and not have to open more tills and use more staff.
Alexia

Do what I do, shout SEIG HEIL at them and poke your tongue out.
DJDave

Kwik Save use to do that, with the bag packing area etc.
gottago

nodnirG kraM wrote:
gottago wrote:I've been told off in Aldi...
You've been told off by shop staff??
Yes. I then received a detention.
bilky asko

My local store is, according to secret sources, launching Match and More on Thursday. I would have a go, but I don't have a card yet (though a relative who pre-registered for a future card when applying for a Morrisons Miles card received two sets of cards, one set early on the day it was announced, and another the day after).

I wonder how well it works (if at all) on the self-service tills.
Martin Phillp

My local Morrisons had Match & More temporary cards on top of the self-checkout tills today.

I still have no idea how I'll be able to collect points via the self-checkouts though?
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

I forgot to do a follow up. Match & More launched on the predicted day. So, for those who haven't seen it all, I've got some pictures.

This was the sight that I was greeted with upon entering:
The man wasn't soliciting anyone, but there was a huddle of pensioners around the table by the time I left. The Customer Service counter appeared to be marketing the card to a loyal customer a few days later though, so it's not going entirely unpushed.

The self-service tills were suitably decorated:

When you get to the end of your shop and press "Finish and Pay", it asks you to scan your Match & More card. This took about 15 seconds of waving on the first day, though this seems to have improved. The option of swiping appears not to work, despite the accoutrement on the Chip and PIN machine.

Your Match points and your More points are calculated, and you are also given a finalised total from the previous day. They don't appear to be keeping up with the latest "More" offers, as Pepsi Max 600ml bottles are Buy One Get One Free and are giving me 200 More points each, despite no indication of a BOGOF offer, and only a mention of 100 More points on the ambient display (nothing in the fridges).

Anyway, here's how it looks on your receipt - it adds a fair bit of bulk. as you can see.

The next image isn't strictly related to Morrisons (I took it today inside a local shop), but after uploading it by accident, I thought I would share it anyway.
Martin Phillp

Thanks for sharing Billy. On Twitter, Morrisons CS told me to simply scan the barcode during the normal scanning process which is clearly crap.

As I went to the Finish and Pay option today, it didn't ask to scan my card.
TVF's London Lite.
Martin Phillp

Match & More has finally launched in my local store. A desk has been set up with a steady flow of registrations.

Like Billy, the prompt for scanning the card is after pressing finish and pay.

I noticed a customer using a Match & More key fob, so wondering if they now have permanent cards in-store or registered online before hand? I'm using a paper temporary card which I picked up on Sunday.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

Martin Phillp wrote:Match & More has finally launched in my local store. A desk has been set up with a steady flow of registrations.

Like Billy, the prompt for scanning the card is after pressing finish and pay.

I noticed a customer using a Match & More key fob, so wondering if they now have permanent cards in-store or registered online before hand? I'm using a paper temporary card which I picked up on Sunday.
People who had registered their Morrisons Miles card received the physical cards early - a relative received theirs on the day of the announcement (and a second set a day later, for some reason).

I registered online, and I received my card in the post a few days later.