Yet another Morrisons thread

Jamez
Banned

Go to Culverhouse Cross just outside Cardiff (opposite ITV Wales) and the Tesco there STILL has that logo adorning the shop and petrol station!
User Removed
Stuart*
Banned

Jamez wrote:I don't think Kwik Save will be around for much longer.
Having looked into this abit more it seems that Somerfield sold some of their Kwik Save estate and the entire brand last year. I think you're right Jamez and we will see the disappearance of the name entirely in the near future.

On the subject of overkill, Plymouth must take the record for over-sized supermarkets. Plymouth is a very small city in comparison to others. It's constrained by the limits of the National Park to the north and the sea to the south - yet manages to squeeze in an ever expanding number of Tesco Extras, Morrisons, Sainsburys etc. They are even building a new M&S Food store close to where I work, even though the biggest M&S in the South West is only 3 miles away!

I despair - they are intent on us all becoming like FAT AMERICANS! :roll:
User removed
Spencer For Hire

7 Network wrote:Image
Eugh - slab-serif fonts do look *so* dated don't they? Shame no-one told Morrisons.

As for Kwik Save, I guess their problem is that they're 'neither nowt nor summat' these days. For those whose only concern is getting products as cheap as they can, they'll go to Lidl, Netto or Aldi who have very much stolen Kwikies' place in the market. If, on the other hand you want a quality shopping experience with a wide range of products, you'll go to one of the major supermarkets. If they want to survive, they'll need to redefine their position in the market.
Johnny

Ilford (Including Goodmayes, Seven Kings & Newbury Park) has:
2 Sainsbury's,
2 Tesco's (one extra, one metro)
1 Somefield (which used to be Kwik Save),
1 Lidl & Farmfoods (right next door to each other),
1 Aldi,
1 Iceland (formerly Bejam :D )
2 Marks & Spencers (which are literaly 15 seconds away from each other, one used to be a Littlewoods & there is a store each side of The Exchange shopping centre)
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Philip Cobbold

I found this logo on the Morrisons Wikipedia page
Is this character part of some older branding, or are they seriously adopting this as part of the rebrand?
Katnap

Peanut M&M is obviously broadening his horizons.
What the fuck is a samoflange?
Spencer For Hire

I have a sudden craving for a peanut M&M.

Edit: Damn you katnap - beat me to it!
Stuart*
Banned

Philip Cobbold wrote: Image
It's a nice marketing gimmick. It makes the image seem alot more user friendly and easier to identify with. That's the idea they paid for, not just the colour and font change. There will be an entire strategy behind this and so far it isn't looking too bad.
User removed
Spencer For Hire

Does anyone remember their old cartoon character version of the Morrisons logo? It used to feature on their carrier bags until around the mid 90s. Can't find any pictures of it online, but I always thought there was something slightly frightening and Nazi about it.
nwtv2003

Spencer For Hire wrote:Does anyone remember their old cartoon character version of the Morrisons logo? It used to feature on their carrier bags until around the mid 90s. Can't find any pictures of it online, but I always thought there was something slightly frightening and Nazi about it.
I know which one you mean, some signage in the Morrisons that I work at does still have the little 'M' man on them.

I think for a normal Town we're not too bad, Warrington has....

3 Asda's
3 Somerfield's
3 Sainsbury's (1 Normal and 2 Local's)
3 Tesco's (1 Extra, 2 Express' and probably another Metro soon)
2 Lidl's
2 Aldi's
1 Morrisons

and about 9000 Co-Ops.... :lol:
steve
Pete

StuartPlymouth wrote:Having looked into this abit more it seems that Somerfield sold some of their Kwik Save estate and the entire brand last year. I think you're right Jamez and we will see the disappearance of the name entirely in the near future.
Somerfield converted all the good Kwik Saves in Scotland into Somerfields and shut down the rest. Kwik Save no longer exists in scotland. Then the english stores were flogged to another company who ditched the entire own-brand range as one of their first cost-cutting moves.
"He has to be larger than bacon"