Yet another Morrisons thread

Johnny

StuartPlymouth wrote:
Katnap wrote:Northener...Southener... Where does all this leave Midlanders? Neither here nor there, being both and yet neither. *sigh*
You mean the annoying ones with "brummy accents" we try to run over by swerving off Spaghetti Junction ??? I jest, of course! :lol:

Regionalism has become a thing of the past in the last 30 years. There was a time when the vast majority of the population would apparently be born, work and die within a six mile radius.

With the increase in further education many people move away from their "roots" and often stay there, or are more willing to set up where their job takes them rather than remain tied to the family's location.

Maybe that is a sad progression, as it says little about the value we place on family bonds. But in reality I see and speak to my Sister on MSN at least twice a week. She is 300 miles away, but I doubt I would have that contact with her if I was still living within a short driving distance.

Getting back to the point - I come across very few people here in Plymouth who are actually from here. Many are former students who stayed on after Uni, many have come here because of work.

When I lived in the North-East you couldn't go outside without hearing the dialect....in Plymouth I rarely hear the local accent at all. Perhaps even the locals have become cosmopolitan?
Same in Ilford and most of East London, certain places have virtually non English speaking communities, parts of Brick Lane in Shoreditch for example where a certain section of the road will not let any white people in the area.

I know this information as my Aunt works for the housing department for the local London Borough and said there is a part Brick Lane where people take great offence of you entering the area if you are white & claim it is "their land" :? :x :roll:

However luckily this is just a small isolated area. In Ilford most people get on regardless of what country they came from, their religion, etc. but virtually none have an East London accent.

Anyway steering this back on topic, has the new look Morrisons been unvield yet?
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Stuart*
Banned

No we are waited with ....welll someone said breath! :x :lol:
User removed
DVB Cornwall

Morrisons could have easily kept BOTH brands for the stores and developed a tertiary brand for own products that would be stocked in either. Dixons/Currys/Mitsui as an example.

Familiarity would have been retained throughout the country then.
all new Phil

A clue towards the new image?

http://www.letseatsmart.co.uk

I don't like the font used for some of it if so.
Johnny

all new Phil wrote:A clue towards the new image?

http://www.letseatsmart.co.uk

I don't like the font used for some of it if so.
"Let's Eat Smart" just doesn't sound right :?
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Spencer For Hire

'Let's Eat Smarties' sounds much better.
fusionlad

Well here it is... :?

nwtv2003

Oh my! That's even worse! Gateway (former Supermarket) comes to mind.

That is awful, why couldn't they have adopted a more modern font?

I dread the new uniform.
steve
James Vertigan

The new Morrisons logo looks even more like the Newcastle Metro logo than the old one did!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Jamez
Banned

If had been commissioned to re-brand their corporate logo, I would have dropped the 'M' symbol. People in Britain are generally stupid and will think it's a well-known fast food restaurant.
User Removed
ClerkByron

It is indeed an appalling logo. Perhaps the worst part is it's hardly any different from the old one, just a different font and fewer boxes. I could have done that on MS Paint in 5 minutes flat. That is supposedly M's major rebrand? Please...