Yet another Morrisons thread

all new Phil

I went to the new one near me recently and ironically, given it’s name, the only thing I bought was some shampoo.

I’m not too sure how to say this respectfully, but it’s a bit ‘family with 5 kids who have ADHD’.
Whataday

JAS84 wrote: Wed 18 Sep, 2019 00.01 It's supposed to have a bigger range, because the stores are bigger than standard Icelands. In practice I'm not convinced that's actually the case though.
No, the primary purpose is to sell bigger packs rather than more variety. This is probably why they attract large families that stand to save more money by buying in bulk.
WillPS

There are definitely ranges not stocked across the chain, or at least there used to be. I was rather fond of the filled chapatis they used to have in their Indian range.
DJDave

The one on the retail park near me (think it was one of the first Food warehouses) has a bigger range of Gino's new meals, then the little Iceland at the end of my road. I want my Iceland to get the new style refit, but I guess it will be one of the last as it has only been open a few years.
Whataday

On the subject of packing area dividers, I'm pretty sure this video shows a Tesco store with them:

The carrier bags suggest it's a Tesco anyway. The store itself looks very yellow like a Morrisons.
bilky asko

It appears the Morrisons self-service tills have had their software upgraded (at least up my end). It's similar to the Tesco interface, with some nice animations - (including a Catalina printing one. The receipt printing now happens after the change is dispense rather than during, which is a mild annoyance.

It seems that the software change also comes with an upgraded version of Windows - the Windows XP start up noise being in evidence a few weeks ago with one self-service till stuck in a restart loop, and the Windows 7 pointer and touch screen animation when in age verification mode.
Pete

bilky asko wrote: Fri 01 Nov, 2019 21.43 It appears the Morrisons self-service tills have had their software upgraded (at least up my end). It's similar to the Tesco interface, with some nice animations - (including a Catalina printing one. The receipt printing now happens after the change is dispense rather than during, which is a mild annoyance.

It seems that the software change also comes with an upgraded version of Windows - the Windows XP start up noise being in evidence a few weeks ago with one self-service till stuck in a restart loop, and the Windows 7 pointer and touch screen animation when in age verification mode.
Possibly a move from Embedded POSReady 2009 to Embedded POSReady 7. The latter of which still has support until Oct 2021.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Pete

This is a fab wee video with Tesco looking rather Lidl-esq
bilky asko

Pete wrote: Sat 02 Nov, 2019 06.51
bilky asko wrote: Fri 01 Nov, 2019 21.43 It appears the Morrisons self-service tills have had their software upgraded (at least up my end). It's similar to the Tesco interface, with some nice animations - (including a Catalina printing one. The receipt printing now happens after the change is dispense rather than during, which is a mild annoyance.

Possibly a move from Embedded POSReady 2009 to Embedded POSReady 7. The latter of which still has support until Oct 2021.
Ah, that makes sense.
Pete

all new Phil

I want to go to there