Yet another Morrisons thread

Chris J

The website has had a second redesign in (almost) as many months! The previous new one was fresh, clean and very nice. This one, ignoring the fact it's completely unnecessary after so little time, is slightly more cluttered and far less professional. Why the need for another redesign, especially when the other one was so good?
rdobbie

Well spotted!

Much bigger logo = nice. Finally starting to look like a powerful and appealing brand.

The purple background colour scheme is lovely, but it's just their Christmas branding so I assume it will change to a green/yellow gradient in January which won't look very nice at all.

The tabs with drop-downs across the top are bigger and have a nice chunky feel when you roll over them, but the rest of the page is just a bloody mess. It's like the designers gave up when they got half way down the page.

And still no sign of an e-mail address or web form on their Contact Us page - it's still a telephone or Royal Mail job! Happy 2008.
Pete

oddly, safeway.co.uk is now a mirror host rather than a redirect.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Gavin Scott
Admin

I notice both Argos and next have shot their Christmas ads in Edinburgh.

Which is nice.
rdobbie

I noticed tonight on a bag of apples that the Bettabuy range appears to getting a rebrand. And they've only gone and called it... Value! I bet Tesco are fuming about that. While Tesco Value obviously couldn't be copyrighted or trademarked (or could it...? given its massive brand recognition?) there always used to be a gentlemanly agreement that supermarkets would use different names for their cheapo ranges. So this is quite an aggressive move by Morrisons.

Basically the design is solid yellow with a large white circle in the middle containing the product name in green type. It reminded me a lot of the Somerfield cheapo range.

The new Morrisons logo is very large across the top, in a similar way that Tesco apply their logo at the maximum width the label will allow.

Another step in the right direction I think. Bettabuy always sounded too much of a downmarket northern colloquialism, and had that connotation with Reg Holdsworth's supermarket in Coronation Street which is probably what inspired the name in the first place.

I still think Sainsbury's Basics is by far the best though, with its handwritten type and little sketches and slogans unique to every product. It almost feels like a homemade country kitchen range, rather than a cheapo range.
Square Eyes

We haven't done Morrisons for a while, and this thread really belongs on the front page, so I bring you this bit of Morrisons related news ;

Museum opens inside Morrisons store
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 334655.stm
nwtv2003

Square Eyes wrote:We haven't done Morrisons for a while, and this thread really belongs on the front page, so I bring you this bit of Morrisons related news ;

Museum opens inside Morrisons store
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 334655.stm
Morrisons tend to have a policy with their own built stores (ie not ex-Safeway ones) of acknowledging the Local areas, so this usually means a few pictures of the Local area from sometime ago, at Speke they have a massive montage on one of the walls of famous Liverpudlians, but this is quite something and different, I don't think it's been done before in any supermarket.
steve
Nick Harvey
God

nwtv2003 wrote:Morrisons tend to have a policy with their own built stores (ie not ex-Safeway ones) of acknowledging the Local areas, so this usually means a few pictures of the Local area from sometime ago.
Also at least one of the ex-Safeway ones, Devizes.
Pete

Morrisons in Dundee has a massive panoramic photo of the city above the bit after the kiosk and on the outside of the building are massive crests from the city's history including one that appears to be half made out of woven jute which is fairly impressive.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Nini
Banned

Around here we've just got a few pictures of the place in the 70's and for whatever reason a fairly large picture of the city hall.
all new Phil

Anyone else's Morrisons had the nice new in-store signage fitted yet? We've now got these big yellow signs above the aisles, and the electrical bit has been christened "Techno@M", which I quite enjoy.

Our cafe has a new peach and red colour scheme too. Loads of little new bits to spot on each visit.

I need to get out more.