Yet another Morrisons thread

Stuart*
Banned

Pete19 wrote:They are starting this month to re-brand the store signage and it will be complete by march 2007. Market street is the major focus of the Morrisons re-brand becuase of the new logo "fresh choice for everyone".
I ceratinly hope their "best before dates" aren't as retrospective as their rebranding plans. It would make a mockery of the "fresh" part of their vision. :shock:
User removed
Nick Harvey
God

Flippin' 'eck, that's the sort of one my sharp eyes are supposed to pick up first, Stuart.

Missed it!

Look out for those thunder clouds approaching south Devon as we speak!
Stuart*
Banned

Nick Harvey wrote:Look out for those thunder clouds approaching south Devon as we speak!
*Hides under the stairs with good sturdy rubber soled shoes*
;)
User removed
Ronnie Rowlands

The best place to be in a thunderstorm is on your hands and knees with your arse in the air. At least that's what they said on QI.
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
all new Phil

At least there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel for Morrisons now. When they first took over Safeways, they made some huge mistakes in the direction they started to take the new bigger company. Now with this revamp, the new logo and the focus on what they do best, things are finally starting to look up.

I can kind-of see the logic in some of their initial changes. The existing Morrisons stores always did a hell of a lot of business (I'd say the one in Preston is the busiest supermarket in the city) and they had definitely got their place in the market. A lot of supermarkets try to be everything to everyone (Tesco especially) but Morrisons seem to aim more towards to older market - older, and more affluent at that.

By changing their image to something a bit more middle of the road, they can retain the older shoppers and encourage new ones too.
nwtv2003

Basically most of the changes have come about due to the arrival of Marc Bolland, he used to be the Chief Executive of Heineken, he's taking over Sir Ken Morrison's job in the early part of 2008, basically I was told he's doing to Morrisons what Stuart Rose did to Marks and Spencer. Okay Morrisons isn't in dire straights or anything, but they need a new image and something different to sell, ie all the 'Fresh for you' things, which is what Morrisons have been doing for yonks now, it's just now they've started to emphasise on that aswell as selling normal food.
steve
rdobbie

I found this pic and thought it was a nostalgic memory of when 3 brands collided...

(© Dave Henniker)

Whilst under the Somerfield tenure the store had Safeway, Morrisons and Somerfield own brand products on the shelves. It must have been chaos for the staff. It then went on to become a Waitrose! But Waitrose did their refits properly, closing the stores down and stripping them down to an empty shell then starting again from scratch.
Nick Harvey
God

rdobbie wrote:Image
(© Dave Henniker)
Are you sure it was only three brands colliding?

That green trolley sign in the picture looks awfully "Asda" to me.
james2001

nodnirG kraM wrote: After all - their disabled bays talk to you to inform you of the fact that you've parked your car in the disabled bay. Just in case you hadn't noticed.
In our Asda, they switched them off around 2000, then removed them entirely a couple of years later. I wonder if it was anything to do with the fact that some certain people discovered you could set them off with their bikes.
Pete

Nick Harvey wrote:That green trolley sign in the picture looks awfully "Asda" to me.
its safeway due to the two curved and two sharp corners. one of those signs remains at that branch, the "no entry" sign at the top of the ramp to the carpark.

fact of the day from me.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Jovis

I assume the tacked on Somerfield sign was only temporary, to be replaced ina few weeks?