Yet another Morrisons thread

bilky asko

Jovis wrote:
WillPS wrote:M Local never did Match & More
I never knew this, and it was never, ever pointed out to me on the many occasions that I handed it over at the till where it was duly scanned.
They never did the Match part but they did do the More part (which were few and far between). The self-service tills always prompted you to scan your card in, in any case.
WillPS

bilky asko wrote:
Jovis wrote:
WillPS wrote:M Local never did Match & More
I never knew this, and it was never, ever pointed out to me on the many occasions that I handed it over at the till where it was duly scanned.
They never did the Match part but they did do the More part (which were few and far between). The self-service tills always prompted you to scan your card in, in any case.
Aye you're right.
rdobbie

james2001 wrote:I see that store is using the "new" logo as well, which means Morrisons is using two logos at the same time- just like Sainsbury's and Somerfield were in the 90s.
In terms of main exterior signage, there's a runaway winner in that department - M&S. Despite saying they weren't going to use the latest logo above their door, they've done so (on a few stores at least), so these 4 are currently all in play. Interestingly, they span a relatively short timescale; the first one on there was still current in 1999 with the second launched in 2000 (to coincide with St Michael being ditched).

thegeek

rdobbie wrote:
james2001 wrote:I see that store is using the "new" logo as well, which means Morrisons is using two logos at the same time- just like Sainsbury's and Somerfield were in the 90s.
In terms of main exterior signage, there's a runaway winner in that department - M&S. Despite saying they weren't going to use the latest logo above their door, they've done so (on a few stores at least), so these 4 are currently all in play. Interestingly, they span a relatively short timescale; the first one on there was still current in 1999 with the second launched in 2000 (to coincide with St Michael being ditched).

the Pantheon store on Oxford Street has recently been updated to have the newest logo above the door, but further up there's still an 'M&S' in what appears to be the 2000 variant: https://goo.gl/maps/xBMXLzKvGF32

the planning documents refer to them as 'heritage signs' - though it seems they've only been there since 2001.
Philip

I still like that second logo. It's been a bit of a mess ever since they introduced the third one, using the full name as well as 'M&S' and 'Your M&S' for a while.
james2001

M&S surely must be one of the companies that seems to rebrand the most, 4 different logos in the span of 15 years!

The store here still had 1980s Yellow M&S signage on it until the mid-2000s, are there any stores around that still have that logo on? I know the Nottingham store still has it etched into stone outside one of the entrances.
Martin Phillp

james2001 wrote:M&S surely must be one of the companies that seems to rebrand the most, 4 different logos in the span of 15 years!

The store here still had 1980s Yellow M&S signage on it until the mid-2000s, are there any stores around that still have that logo on? I know the Nottingham store still has it etched into stone outside one of the entrances.
M&S Walworth Road in London had the 70s signage up until 2014!
TVF's London Lite.
all new Phil

My receipt from Morrisons today had the new logo on it.
bilky asko

all new Phil wrote:My receipt from Morrisons today had the new logo on it.
Yes, I noticed that too. Without the grain part of the logo, though.
Jake

bilky asko wrote:
all new Phil wrote:My receipt from Morrisons today had the new logo on it.
Yes, I noticed that too. Without the grain part of the logo, though.
Just spotted it on their Valentine's TV advert too.