Yet another Morrisons thread

thegeek

WillPS wrote:Oh no, not them...

That's the one I remember! Our local store didn't have it, but one a couple of miles away did, and I'd occasionally persuade my mum to drive us over there so I could get to scan things.

Also, didn't it outlive the ABC scheme, but still require a card to get a scanner?
Pete

Yes I was the same, used to beg my dad to drive to the further away bigger Safeway so I could use the scanner :D

Yeah I seem to recall it outliving ABC, I think you either kept your defunct card or got some sort of Safeway card that was used only for that purpose?

I'm surprised Waitrose haven't linked their scanners to myWaitrose cards like how Tesco links it to your clubcard. I find swiping a specific debit card a bit clunky
"He has to be larger than bacon"
lukey

For some reason, as a kid I had a "When Harry Met Molly" mug. Did this constitute a reward under ABC? Now I think about it, this is quite odd, because I don't remember the ad when Molly made theatrical orgasmic moans to Harry.
Pete

lukey wrote:
For some reason, as a kid I had a "When Harry Met Molly" mug. Did this constitute a reward under ABC? Now I think about it, this is quite odd, because I don't remember the ad when Molly made theatrical orgasmic moans to Harry.
I have a when Harry met Molly magnet on my fridge

Pete

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 49194.html
Why MPs worry about Harry and Molly
Using children in adverts makes money for supermarkets, says Graham Ball. But does it pander to paedophiles?
thegeek

lukey wrote:For some reason, as a kid I had a "When Harry Met Molly" mug. Did this constitute a reward under ABC? Now I think about it, this is quite odd, because I don't remember the ad when Molly made theatrical orgasmic moans to Harry.
They're probably old enough by now. Perhaps someone could stage a reunion?

(Did this just get weird?)
Pete

I think I've successfully Facebook stalked down the kid who played Harry,

(This'll be where it got weird)
thegeek

"Molly" isn't too hard to find either. The two don't seem to be friends, but she does appear to be a fan of Martin Clunes.

(I'll stop now.)
james2001

I came across one of those old Safeway adverts on a video recently- this one's from 1999, so 3 years later than that article, and the kid's voice sounds suprisingly like Jeremy Clarkson. I wonder if he took over from Martin Clunes at some point?
Ben

all new Phil

What are everyone's views on the M Local stores now more are popping up?

We've had 2 open nearby recently (I unsuccessfully applied to manage one of them) and I have to admit, I'm underwhelmed by them. The original premise of the fresh food focus and also the sale of hot food seems to have gone. They're not much different to a Tesco Express now (albeit with a slightly better ready meal range).