TV Forum and The Lounge - together - the way forward?

Dr Lobster*

i can't help but notice how much better tv forum and the lounge is working back in one place.

is it time asa handed the reigns over to martin and made tvforum.co.uk redirect to metropol?
johnnyboy

I could be wrong, but I believe informal representations were once made to TVF to move Mock Designs and Requests over here, as a way to off-load some of the pressure on TVF's servers and to increase traffic here.

I can't see Asa ever letting go though. And I'm not too sure Martin would be too chuffed at the increased bandwidth bills.

But, you never know...
Spencer For Hire

I have to say it is rather handy having 'everything under one roof'. Also, whilst I was in favour of the separate Newsroom forum originally, it does seem a bit easier having just the one for all topics. It also cuts down on tedious 'wrong thread' posts.
Lee

Spencer For Hire wrote:I have to say it is rather handy having 'everything under one roof'. Also, whilst I was in favour of the separate Newsroom forum originally, it does seem a bit easier having just the one for all topics. It also cuts down on tedious 'wrong thread' posts.
I think keeping everything in one forum would mean new threads would be created because people can't be arsed to look on the second or third page of a forum. Annoying when you're trying to keep track of one thread. It may reduce the 'wrong forum' posts, but I think it'll only increase the 'this is already being discussed here...' posts.
Spencer For Hire

Fair point. I suppose there's no simple solution either way.
babyben

Spencer For Hire wrote:Fair point. I suppose there's no simple solution either way.
Whatever you do, someone will moan. That's those damn brits for you...

Edit: Just when to have a look at the tvforum...
Could not obtain lastvisit data from user table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_users.MYD'. (errno: 145)

SELECT * FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id = -1

Line : 62
File : /home/virtual/site224/fst/var/www/html/forum/includes/sessions.php
:roll: - Here's a better solution instead of buggering forum about left, right and centre. Have a reliable working forum first...
Pete

i don't like it.

all the scums are coming over here
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Bail

The title of this thread made my laugh. The way forward... going back to how it was. No metro just "The Lounge" But I like having them seperate. I treat them as two seperate sites, and forums.
Nick Harvey
God

Have to say I MUCH prefer the two together under a single log-on. It's FAR easier and quicker.

And all credit to Martin for the speedy, midnight installation which didn't make the rest of the world fall to pieces when he did it.
cdd

It's not really up to Asa, it's up to the members of the forum (and, of course, Martin). If Martin is willing to uphold TVF on here, and the members of Metropol would prefer to post here than TVF (and after a buildup of support that would happen), Metropol would prevail.

Not as though that would happen though!
Martin

In terms of finance and more importantly commitment, I would never be able to run TV Forum aswell. Of course it would indeed be an honour to take the reigns of such a site but I wouldn't be able to give it 100% which wouldn't be fair on anyone. Aside from the fact I very much doubt Asa is considering giving it up. Seems just like bad timing for a problem to occur when he's not there.