Myspace.com - The new internet craze

rts

A lot of my friends have been getting into Myspace, and I myself have signed up recently too. Like a lot of people here, I am also on Faceparty. But have to admit I'm being drawn much more to Myspace.

The initial appearance of the site is, well, crap. But you have the freedom to use html in your profile to make it look just how you want. And with added options of bulletins, groups, plus easier navigation of friends and looking for people, it's a whole new incestuous world with much more substance than Faceparty.

That's my opinion anyway. Is anyone here on Myspace, would you change, or are you happy with Faceparty.
James H

rts wrote:A lot of my friends have been getting into MySpace, and I myself have signed up recently too. Like a lot of people here, I am also on Faceparty. But have to admit I'm being drawn much more to Myspace.

The initial appearance of the site is, well, crap. But you have the freedom to use html in your profile to make it look just how you want. And with added options of bulletins, groups, plus easier navigation of friends and looking for people, it's a whole new incestuous world with much more substance than Faceparty.

That's my opinion anyway. Is anyone here on Myspace, would you change, or are you happy with Faceparty.
At first glance, looks too much like Hi5 which holds similar craposcity.

IIRC i sent Lee S the link to Hi5. Can't think if he's been on it since he made a profile. Have you, Lee?
rts

Anyone else here signed up to myspace?
Lee

James H wrote:IIRC i sent Lee S the link to Hi5. Can't think if he's been on it since he made a profile. Have you, Lee?
I signed up, some old lady wanted to put me in a nappy and shove a dummy in my gob. That was about as much as I could take of Hi5. Profiles aren't really my cup of tea these days anyway...
rts

Oh no! Myspace is down for maintenance for the next couple of hours. What is one to do!

EDIT: Erm, well that was quick.
Bail

So it was really worth dragging a thread up for that...
rts

Oh do shut up. If I had started a new thread, pedantic prats like yourself would have been the first to winge.

And judging on the other crap on this forum, I think this thread fits perfectly.
Pete

nobody is going to add you rod no matter how much you post about it.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
DAS

Interestingly or not...

The Myspace craze has hit right here where I am right now here, and everyone is doing it. I was gonna start a thread about it, and saw this thread just before I did.

I won't bother then!
rts

Hymagumba wrote:nobody is going to add you rod no matter how much you post about it.
With a 158 mates (and yes unlike some pricks on Myspaz, I do know them all), I'm happy to do without adding inbreads on here to my list. So finding buddies was not the purpose of starting this thread, Petie-poops.

Das touches on an interesting point. A couple of years ago, Faceparty and such like would be people's dirty little secret. The piss would normally be ripped out of people for joining such online communities. Yet gradually over the past year here in the UK, and years in the US, this attitude has changed.

When I first joined a year ago after a friend asked me to sign up, none of my friends were on it. Now it's rare to go a week, if not a day, without someone else I know adding me.
all new Phil

I've just signed up to it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the backgrounds and stuff. Any advice?