Myspace.com - The new internet craze

rts

For once, your allowed to use custom HTML etc to really make your personal profile, well, personal.

Whizz's can make their own, and I'm someone like you can tinker with HTML well, but to get started go to sites such as MyGen to generate the code, and simply whack it in the "About Me" section when editing your profile.
DJGM

What I find really annoying about a lot of profiles on MySpace.com is the embedded multimedia crap, like chavvy music videos.

One other thing that's particularly annoying is that some of the profiles are over customised, and some of this look as though
they've been formatted primarily for the benefit of people with massive widescreen monitors such as Apple Cinema Displays!
rts

I do agree about the videos. Personally they never even load up or work for me. But on the whole, it is nice to have a more personal touch to profiles, than the generic shite we're used to.
Chris

Yes, I hate the videos. It's so annoying to have them load up automatically if you've got music on, and then suddenly this horrible compressed mushy audio starts playing and you wonder where it's come from - and you look at your internet browser and think, aaahh, myspace.

I've got a myspace account after people persuaded me to signup. I've not bothered to hack mine to pieces like some others and have left it to the default, but I might get one of the pre made layouts and customise it, chage the colours, images and soforth since I'm not terribly au fait with complete CSS based design ... yet.

Mind you, quite a lot of people at Radio 1 are getting the bug. Chris Moyles, Jo Whiley, Scott Mills amongst others have their own profiles.
Pete

rts wrote:I do agree about the videos. Personally they never even load up or work for me. But on the whole, it is nice to have a more personal touch to profiles, than the generic shite we're used to.
the youtube videos are much better as they dn't actually start until you press play.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rts

Good point Hyma. I was gonna say that I embed Quicktime videos, and put in the script for it not to automatically start, but youtube is a much better bet. I've seen them cropping up more and more, hopefully they'll take over.
rts

And look who else has joined...
Sput

Awww - you only have three friends and one of them is a radio station!
Knight knight
rts

How many have you got Sput-i-poops.
Sput

I don't use myspace, but as I know at least four other people that do I can be assured I'd have more than James! :)
Knight knight