What do you sound like?

Dr Lobster*

Inspired by the Luxton thread and that thread a while ago by James and Mark, here's some random mublings from Dr Lobster!

So, let's hear you!

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvfor ... ads/me.mp3

i sound slightly muffled because of the compression, but it's close enough.
Jamez
Banned

Everyone knows what I sound like! lol.

(no comments about sounding gagging for some gay luvin' purrlease!) ;)

Oh, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you post that very "wherever you go, it's the name to know", jingle please Nick! :D
User Removed
Cheese Head
Banned

I would if i didnt have such a monotonic voice....
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
Gavin Scott
Admin

I've only got a 3mb file of me doing the news on the bbc tour. I'm very glad Nicky persuaded me to do it, it was fun.

I've no way to host it as its a bit big for Tom's space.
Ant

Gavin Scott wrote:I've only got a 3mb file of me doing the news on the bbc tour. I'm very glad Nicky persuaded me to do it, it was fun.

I've no way to host it as its a bit big for Tom's space.
I did aswell. Quite fun. Also had a go at the vision mixing while my sister presented.

Anyway, if I can edit it a bit, i'll post it.
Cheese Head
Banned

Dr Lobster* wrote:Inspired by the Luxton thread and that thread a while ago by James and Mark, here's some random mublings from Dr Lobster!

So, let's hear you!

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvfor ... ads/me.mp3

i sound slightly muffled because of the compression, but it's close enough.
oo er, mr lobster, you do have a funky voice.

You remind me of a smART presenter... can't remember his name though.
» James »
cdd

Cheese Head wrote:I would if i didnt have such a monotonic voice....
no different to your posting then?
Cheese Head
Banned

cdd wrote:
Cheese Head wrote:I would if i didnt have such a monotonic voice....
no different to your posting then?
Oh how i'd love to geld you :twisted:
» James »
Pete

geld? what a crap set of local words you use cheesy. I prefer the term "Yark" myself.

Back to Mark's original post - as fab as your voice and little monologue is (it fails to mention me so it's not as fab as it could be) I can't help thinking it only slightly adds to my view of you as a person.

The problem with voices is they are - as Morgan Stanley Dean Witter pointed out - only a part of communication. The amount of stuff you can read fro facial expressions and body language is surprising which is why I always find radio an odditity.

Commercial radio and its DJ's strange way of talking in particular is a very unnatural way of speaking and seeing someone from a radio station actually do their show in real life is even more bizzare.

However much of ourselves we put on here it's still only a characature of the person behind the monitor. As such pretty much everyone on here is not "real" to me. TVF/MP people - the clique at least - are much realler than most forum members but there is still a great mystery behind the handles...

I'll think about posting my voice when it comes back - very sore throat at the moment. Now I must stop wating time. Stop encouraging me.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Gavin Scott
Admin

Dr Lobster that's not what I was expecting at all. I like the accent. Touch of the Jamie Olivers about you - but I mean that in a nice way.
Cheese Head
Banned

Hymagumba wrote:The problem with voices is they are - as Morgan Stanley Dean Witter pointed out - only a part of communication. The amount of stuff you can read fro facial expressions and body language is surprising which is why I always find radio an odditity.
Totally agree with the body language thing, I remember seeing two friend of mine chatting away, and more sparks were flying between the two than toaster being thrown into a bathtub.

muwhaha
» James »