TV Forum needs help

Orry Verducci

We could have been pissed at the time :lol:
Andrew

johnnyboy wrote:How come the Boston Fruitcake beat me twice in the two rounds?

Is there something wrong with you people?
She was a temporary moderator wasn't she at one time, I can't remember but how did that come about?
Chris

I think TVF needs help in another way - a new server and a change of host!

I've been seeing that "sorry too busy" message far too often recently, especially when the forum is at its peak activity in the evenings and during lunchtimes.
Jamez
Banned

Chris wrote:I think TVF needs help in another way - a new server and a change of host!

I've been seeing that "sorry too busy" message far too often recently, especially when the forum is at its peak activity in the evenings and during lunchtimes.
And a new look with more interactive features.

It's too big and bulky. Trim all the pages down to 800x600 centred.
Pete

Andrew wrote:

Is there something wrong with you people?
She was a temporary moderator wasn't she at one time, I can't remember but how did that come about?
God knows but it was funny as hell.

The current host (who is it now?) is appauling. We never used to get these messages before and they are just coming up more and more.

Dare I suggest that along with additional moderators we need some additional (or even jsut the one) server admin to fiddle with the more techy aspects of the site?

And no i do not wish to be it.
Orry Verducci

I can imagine Asa saying no to that straight away.
Pete

I'd probably say no as well if I were in his position - actually there is no "probably" about it. There is however no harm in pointing out the fact it's needed.
James Martin

Katherine was a temporary mod in August 2002... locked threads all over the shop.
Katherine

1 - I'm the only fresh thing on the menu.

2 - If I do stand and accept the position (a long shot), I will not allow friendships and unaccountable self-appointed faux-powered fraternities to influence the direction and tone of my Moderatorship.

3 - Everyone will be treated equally, regardless of their membership of these groups, gangs or standings in other forums. I take pride in being a maverick free of associations to any of these groups.

4 - I will actively encourage friendly reception of all new members, instead of jumping down their throats on the suspicion they're a previously banned member.

5 - I will not tolerate disproportionate and excessive bullying and negative provocation of other members. If this happens, my actions will be swift and decisive to stop this in its tracks, regardless of who that bully might be.

6 - Those that choose to disregard the Mods' wishes to maintain a positive atmosphere by continuing their personal attacks on the forum rather than in Private Messaging will firstly receive a warning, and then a temporary ban of two weeks should the warning go unheeded. If upon their return they continue the behaviour that led to the temporary ban, they will be banned permanently, with no further warnings.

7 - Anyone that has certain problems that might lead to it being more difficult to contribute to the forums for whatever reason will be treated with dignity and respect, and reasonable adjustments made for their particular circumstances. Any un-necessary hassle of these members will result in the person doing the hassle will be subject to the procedures set out in the previous point.

8 - I have learned from my previous mistakes in moderatorship and will endeavour never to repeat them again. You will find me firm but fair.
johnnyboy

Katherine wrote:1 - I'm the only fresh thing on the menu.

2 - If I do stand and accept the position (a long shot), I will not allow friendships and unaccountable self-appointed faux-powered fraternities to influence the direction and tone of my Moderatorship.

3 - Everyone will be treated equally, regardless of their membership of these groups, gangs or standings in other forums. I take pride in being a maverick free of associations to any of these groups.

4 - I will actively encourage friendly reception of all new members, instead of jumping down their throats on the suspicion they're a previously banned member.

5 - I will not tolerate disproportionate and excessive bullying and negative provocation of other members. If this happens, my actions will be swift and decisive to stop this in its tracks, regardless of who that bully might be.

6 - Those that choose to disregard the Mods' wishes to maintain a positive atmosphere by continuing their personal attacks on the forum rather than in Private Messaging will firstly receive a warning, and then a temporary ban of two weeks should the warning go unheeded. If upon their return they continue the behaviour that led to the temporary ban, they will be banned permanently, with no further warnings.

7 - Anyone that has certain problems that might lead to it being more difficult to contribute to the forums for whatever reason will be treated with dignity and respect, and reasonable adjustments made for their particular circumstances. Any un-necessary hassle of these members will result in the person doing the hassle will be subject to the procedures set out in the previous point.

8 - I have learned from my previous mistakes in moderatorship and will endeavour never to repeat them again. You will find me firm but fair.
There you have it. A manifesto for the destruction of TV Forum.

If this wacky set of proposals was put into practise on MP247, it would be the end of us.

Do you really want Katherine's finger on the button?
Katherine

A manifesto to make the Forum a more welcoming place. a forum free of excessive nastiness, bullying and victimisation. I want everyone to be treated fairly regardless of who they know.
Pilgrim Hospital Radio, Boston, Lincolnshire - Monday - Friday 19:00 - 22:00.

The place where broadcasting careers begin!!

Image - BADGER BADGER!