TV Forum needs help

babyben

scottishtv wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:Why would winifred come back to repeat her behaviour immediately after being banned? Does it not strike you as odd that she doesn't understand that if she is not welcome in a community then there is no point in being there?

Perhaps I should locate her at Edinburgh Uni and ask these questions myself.
I was slightly freaked out to find she was at the same said Uni as me, but luckily I'm not at her building. More worringly though, I do live quite close to the said area where Geography is taught. It could mean she's within a mile radius of me right now.

If it's the truth though and she *is* at Uni, she's got to be one of these people:

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/people/student ... category=5

The question is, which one?

Also, she should, most probably, be writing a 15,000 word dissertation at the moment if any of this academic thing is true.
She's coming to get you.

She knows where you are.

She's opening your mail.

She is listening to your phonecalls.

*evil chuckle*
Jamez
Banned

FAB announcement by Ison, over on TVF! :lol:
User Removed
iSon

scottishtv wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:Why would winifred come back to repeat her behaviour immediately after being banned? Does it not strike you as odd that she doesn't understand that if she is not welcome in a community then there is no point in being there?

Perhaps I should locate her at Edinburgh Uni and ask these questions myself.
I was slightly freaked out to find she was at the same said Uni as me, but luckily I'm not at her building. More worringly though, I do live quite close to the said area where Geography is taught. It could mean she's within a mile radius of me right now.

If it's the truth though and she *is* at Uni, she's got to be one of these people:

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/people/student ... category=5

The question is, which one?

Also, she should, most probably, be writing a 15,000 word dissertation at the moment if any of this academic thing is true.
Well unless we have a case of identity theft, I am happy to announce that this is Winifred - bombard the phone number kids:

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/people/student.html?indv=940
Good Lord!
DavidJonathan

Isonstine wrote:
noelfirl wrote:
Isonstine wrote:I can make one promise to you all - there will be a zero tolerance approach from me over the weekend. Why? Well it's only really the time I've had recently.
So... is this the *official* TV Forum Weekend of the Long Knives then?
Well if I can have the official line then, yes yes it is.
I really doubt a "zero tolerance weekend" can help TV Forum. The people you are addressing in your announcement, the ones that are on the brink of being banned simply won't post over the weekend.

Besides I think this shut-up-or-I'll-kill-you method is a bit unfair. Most of us make a "bad post" (if I may call it so) which is against the forum rules every now and then. Should he/she therefore receive an official warning or even be banned?
Those trolls require long-term observation IMO. You can't identify a troll by one post you read.

David
Ant

DavidJonathan wrote:I really doubt a "zero tolerance weekend" can help TV Forum. The people you are addressing in your announcement, the ones that are on the brink of being banned simply won't post over the weekend.

Besides I think this shut-up-or-I'll-kill-you method is a bit unfair. Most of us make a "bad post" (if I may call it so) which is against the forum rules every now and then. Should he/she therefore receive an official warning or even be banned?
Those trolls require long-term observation IMO. You can't identify a troll by one post you read.

David
Yes, tvmercia...
tvmercia wrote:i know this has been suggested before - but i think there should be a "nursery forum" on tvf. posters such as antz, gj online, gmtv journalist, south today and many others could be segregated and could practice posting amongst themselves, and brush up their posting skills, and then they could graduate onto the adult board if/when they prove themselves.
All because of one post I made about a slogan. :roll:
cdd

Antz wrote: All because of one post I made about a slogan. :roll:
No, lots of other things too. Hope that makes you feel better!
tvmercia

Antz wrote:
DavidJonathan wrote:I really doubt a "zero tolerance weekend" can help TV Forum. The people you are addressing in your announcement, the ones that are on the brink of being banned simply won't post over the weekend.

David
Yes, tvmercia...
tvmercia wrote:i know this has been suggested before - but i think there should be a "nursery forum" on tvf. posters such as antz, gj online, gmtv journalist, south today and many others could be segregated and could practice posting amongst themselves, and brush up their posting skills, and then they could graduate onto the adult board if/when they prove themselves.
All because of one post I made about a slogan. :roll:
i said you could do with going into the [proposed] nursery forum so you can brush up your posting style. out of interest, how old are you.
Charlie Wells

DavidJonathan wrote:
Isonstine wrote:
noelfirl wrote: So... is this the *official* TV Forum Weekend of the Long Knives then?
Well if I can have the official line then, yes yes it is.
I really doubt a "zero tolerance weekend" can help TV Forum. The people you are addressing in your announcement, the ones that are on the brink of being banned simply won't post over the weekend.

David

To quote a line from TVForum from the 'Banned or be dammed' thread:
"This means if you being boring, banal, pointless, rubbish or just downright weird then you will be punished using current forum rules."
How can you punish someone for being boring? or more to the point how do you define being boring as what one person might find boring another person may find interesting. Whilst intentions are good, as the idiots have been on the loose a lot, this may not be the best way to go about resolving the problem.

Also was Asa consulted over having a weekend of zero tolerance?

Anyway that's my little rant over for now.
Pete

of course someone can be punished for being boring. if we did not weed out the dullards we would become digital spy.
Charlie Wells

But what one person might find boring another person might find interesting.

(Edit/added) Sometimes whilst a post made may be valid and answer a previously raised issue it may also be some what boring to read for many. Do you propose that sort of poster should be punished for giving a valid post/response?
Ant

cdd wrote:
Antz wrote: All because of one post I made about a slogan. :roll:
No, lots of other things too. Hope that makes you feel better!
For example? :?
tvmercia wrote:i said you could do with going into the [proposed] nursery forum so you can brush up your posting style. out of interest, how old are you.
I'm 15.

Sorry for any rudeness last night, I was very tired!